HPC Market Watch
The shroud of secrecy has been lifted on the most-anticipated entertainment launch of the year! GameStop Corp. (NYSE: GME), the world’s largest video game and entertainment software retailer, announced today the launch of its “Surprize Attack” Call of Duty®:Black Ops sweepstakes, making more than one million Call of Duty: Black Ops-inspired prizes and instant awards available through Nov. 9.
The sweepstakes commences as pre-orders for the most-anticipated title of the year continue to accelerate. "GameStop is tracking to all-time, record reservations on Call of Duty: Black Ops. We are ahead of where we were with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 last year, which previously set the industry standard," said Bob McKenzie, SVP of merchandising, GameStop Corp.
Created exclusively by GameStop for their pre-order customers, fans enter the “Surprize Attack” sweepstakes by pre-ordering Call of Duty: Black Ops at any local GameStop or online at www.gamestop.com. They can then use their receipt code or online order confirmation number to enter the sweepstakes. The code can be entered once a day on the “Surprize Attack” website, www.gamestop.com/surprizeattack, for a chance to win prizes in 34 daily drawings.
GameStop is offering several levels of prizes during the sweepstakes, including:
- Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
- Polaris ATV
- Fighter Pilot Experience
- Harley-Davidson Motorcycle
- Microsoft Prize Packs
- Ghillie Suit
- Autographed Fighter Pilot's Helmet
- Flip HD Camera
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Downloadable Content
- Exclusive Call of Duty: Black Ops Branded Wearables
Customers may also visit www.facebook.com/gamestop for exclusive intel about the “Surprize Attack” sweepstakes. There is a limit of one prize per person, family or household. For complete rules and additional details, visit a local GameStop retail location or www.gamestop.com/surprizeattack. No purchase necessary to participate. Purchase does not improve chances of winning. Void where prohibited.
Call of Duty: Black Ops fans looking for additional adventure can play challenges at all GameStop locations via SCVNGR, a location-based mobile game. Fans can play numerous challenges to earn points and unlock rewards. Customers who complete every available challenge will receive a 30% trade bonus on all software traded towards the reservation of Call of Duty: Black Ops. For more information, visit www.gamestop.com/surprizeattack.
Call of Duty: Black Ops will be available at GameStop stores nationwide Nov. 9, 2010 and will be available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system and Windows® PC.
About GameStop Corp.
Headquartered in Grapevine, TX, GameStop Corp., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company, is the world's largest video game and entertainment software retailer. The company operates 6,549 retail stores in 17 countries worldwide. The company also operates an e-commerce site, GameStop.com, and publishes Game Informer(R) magazine, a leading multi-platform video game publication. GameStop Corp. sells new and used video game software, hardware and accessories for video game systems from Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft. In addition, the company sells PC entertainment software, related accessories and other merchandise. General information on GameStop Corp. can be obtained at the company's corporate website: http://www.gamestopcorp.com.
Activision Publishing, Inc. is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes. Activision’s name and logo, and/or the “Call of Duty: Black Ops” name, logo, and/or materials are used for purposes of promotion and/or prize description only and such use is not intended to suggest or imply Activision’s approval, sponsorship or endorsement of this Sweepstakes.
“Jeep,” “Wrangler,” and “Rubicon” are registered trademarks of, and used with permission of, Chrysler Group, LLC.
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Six Financial
Postage Rates Bots go here
April 21, 2014
April 17, 2014
- Registration Open for NCSA PSP Meeting
- Intel Selects Georgia Tech as Site for Next Parallel Computing Center
- AltaSim Technologies Receives DOE Grant for Additive Manufacturing
- LANL to Host Supercomputing Challenge Expo
April 16, 2014
- ORNLâs John Wagner Receives E.O. Lawrence Award
- SC14 Submissions for Panels Due April 25
- NEC Selects Chelsio Adapters for Vector Supercomputer
- SGI Announces Partnership with GIS Federal and NVIDIA
- Mellanox Collaborates with Dell
April 15, 2014
- Xyratex Introduces ClusterStor SDA
- NCI to Utilize Mellanox CloudX Interconnect
- Cluster 2014 Set for September
April 14, 2014
April 11, 2014
April 10, 2014
- NCSA Presents Blue Waters Symposium for Petascale Science and Beyond
- Fujitsu Launches New PRIMEQUEST Series
April 9, 2014
- Bright Computing Achieves Cloudera Certification for Bright Cluster Manager
- Sabalcore Launches Accelerated 3D Remote Graphics
Most Read Features
- Cloud Bolsters HPC/HTC Student Research
- Details Emerging on Japanâs Future Exascale System
- Inside Major League Baseballâs âHypothesis Machineâ
- Peek into China's Plans for Top Supercomputer Shows No Slowdown
- Mont Blanc Forges Cluster from Smartphone Chips
- NVIDIA Highlights GPU Progress on Titan Supercomputer
- NVIDIA Steers Roadmap Around GPU Bottlenecks
- Big Science, Tiny Microservers: IBM Research Pushes 64-Bit Possibilities
- DOE Exascale Roadmap Highlights Big Data
- Reality Check on Liquid Cooling in the Data Center
- More Features…
Most Read Short Takes
- Programming for Unreliable Hardware
- Museum to Resurrect First-Gen Supercomputer
- Big Data Reaches to the Stratosphere
- How NASA Is Meeting the Big Data Challenge
- The Big Data of Holistic Performance Analysis
- Is the ECC Performance Price Worth it for GPUs?
- Big Data Versus Big Compute
- Making HPC and Big Data More Accessible
- Benchmarking MPI Communication on Phi-Based Clusters
- Research Advances on Key Quantum Computing Elements
- More Short Takes…
Most Read Off The Wire
- EGI Community Forum 2014 to Take Place in Finland
- Convey Computer Announces Wolverine Family of Coprocessors
- University of Illinois Wins MEMOCODE Design Contest Using Convey HC-1
- EGI Community Forum Agenda is Now Online
- IEEE Launches 400GbE Task Force
- Ethernet Alliance to Participate at OFC 2014
- Cirrascale Announces Improved Power Solution for BladeRack 2 F-Series
- Fujitsu Announces New Edition of ETERNUS DX200 S3 Storage System
- Speakers Announced for Upcoming Leverage Big Data 2014 Summit
- IIT Professor Establishes New Mathematical Model for Reducing Data Access Delay
- More Off The Wire…
Compete with teams from Asia, Europe and America, will Purdue University crown the ASC14 Student Supercomputer Challenge?Computer science major Matt Molo is considering a career in computer security, supercomputing or distributed computing over a large array of Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- 3/12/14 | HPCwire, EnterpriseTech, ScaleMP | In the first of our new Spotlight ON: series, weâre taking a look beyond the public sector to find out how end-users in markets from Read more…
- 2/24/14 | Altair | Australiaâs National Computational Infrastructure (NCI) chose PBS Professional to manage workload for its âRaijinâ cluster from Fujitsu, the Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…