HPC Market Watch
SEATTLE, WA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/14/12 -- Plandaí Biotechnology, Inc. (OTCBB: PLPL) director, Dr. Ming Hu, recently addressed his published study on the bioavailability of flavonoids and polyphenols and its importance on human health and nutrition.
Dietary polyphenols are derived from plants and are consumed in the forms of fruits, vegetables, spices, and herbs. Collectively they are a main source of antioxidants for humans and are responsible for a variety of biological activities, ranging from anti-aging and anticancer to lowering of blood cholesterol levels and improving bone strength. Millions of women also take a subclass of polyphenols called phytoestrogens to relieve symptoms associated with menopause.
Bioavailability is the body's ability to absorb various nutrients consumed. For most dietary antioxidants, less than five percent of the nutrients are actually absorbed, resulting in the need to consume massive dosages to achieve a clinical effect. Additionally, certain additives, including sugars and dairy, can neutralize the anti-oxidant properties. In the case of green tea, which has become hugely popular as a dietary supplement, you need to consume 8-10 cups a day; but if your green tea is sweetened, it may be useless. According to Dr. Hu's study, historically very little attention has been paid to increasing bioavailability. He asks the question, are these flavonoids and polyphenols as effective as people believe?
Typical polyphenols have oral bioavailability (mostly in animals) of 10% or less, and a range of 2-20% is quite common. For polyphenols to become bioavailable, the following barriers must be overcome: solubility, permeability, metabolism, excretion, target tissue uptake, and disposition.
Plandaí's proprietary CRS processing system is specifically designed to alter the stereochemical structure of the polyphenols into a ratio more readily absorbable by human tissue. For practical purposes, the converted phytonutrients should be five to eight times more bioavailable than traditional extracts, resulting in a clinical dose being more readily available and affordable as an additive to a variety of beverages, supplements and nutriceuticals.
Chief Executive Officer, Roger Duffield, commented, "We are at the forefront of developing enhanced bioavailable products which, we believe, can revolutionize the nutritional supplement and health drink marketplace. As more research is conducted, such as that done by Dr. Hu, people will be forced to examine what they consume and start to demand products that are based on science rather that slick marketing."
About Plandaí Biotechnology, Inc.
Plandaí Biotechnology, Inc., through its recent acquisition of Global Energy Solutions, Ltd. and its subsidiaries, focuses on the farming of whole fruits, vegetables and live plant material and the production of proprietary functional foods and botanical extracts for the health and wellness industry. Its principal holdings consist of land, farms and infrastructure in South Africa.
Safe Harbor Statement
The information provided may contain forward-looking statements and involve risks and uncertainties. Results, events and performances could vary from those contemplated. These statements involve risks and uncertainties which may cause actual results, expressed or implied, to differ from predicted outcomes. Risks and uncertainties include product demand, market competition, and Plandaí's ability to meet current or future plans. Investors should study and understand all risks before making an investment decision. Readers are recommended not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements or information. Plandaí is not obliged to publicly release revisions to any forward-looking statement, to reflect events or circumstances afterward, or to disclose unanticipated occurrences, except as required under applicable laws.
Plandai Biotechnology, Inc.
Tel: (425) 466-0212
Email: Email Contact
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here
March 7, 2014
March 6, 2014
March 5, 2014
- Technologists to Receive IEEE Computer Society Technical Achievement Awards
- Hitachi to Establish Big Data Research Lab in Denmark
- Terascala Announces New Version of Intelligent Storage Bridge
- IHPC and SMMI Launch Joint Lab
- DDN Joins Active Archive Alliance
- Research and Markets Adds New HPC Report to Offering
March 4, 2014
- Ethernet Alliance to Participate at OFC 2014
- Rogue Wave and STFC Collaborate
- QLogic Gen 5 Fibre Channel Adapters Available for Lenovo Servers
March 3, 2014
- Cirrascale Introduces Next Generation of VB2400 Series Blade Servers
- SGI Delivers Shared Memory System for JAMSTEC Earth Simulator
- Conduant Providing Storage Resources to PXIe-Based Systems
- CSP Releases New Version of DBL Software
- Mellanox Collaborates with Cambridge for SKA Project
- NEC Announces Version 5.1 of ProgrammableFlow Networking Suite
February 28, 2014
Most Read Features
- How HPC is Hacking Hadoop
- Intel Etches HPC Niche with Xeon E7 V2
- Cray Goes Back to the Future for Weather Forecasting
- HPC Roots Feed Big Data Branches
- The Top Supercomputing Led Discoveries of 2013
- AMD Refreshes Vision for HPC Future
- News Roundup: The Week in HPC
- Amazon Lead Highlights HPC Cloud Progress
- The Future of Accelerator Programming
- HPC and Science & Technology Policy
- More Features…
Most Read Short Takes
- Pushing Parallel Processing Power at CERN
- Adapting Hadoop to HPC Environments
- Blu-ray for Cold Storage â What About Tape?
- Advancing Applications Toward Exascale Target
- Manipulating Quantum Bits for Cybersecurity
- Unleashing The Potential of OpenMP via Bottleneck Analysis
- Scheduling HPC as a Service
- GPUs Power Massive Settlement Mapping
- Immersion Cooling Floated as Green Energy Solution
- Computing at the Speed of Light
- More Short Takes…
Most Read Off The Wire
- EGI Community Forum 2014 to Take Place in Finland
- Astute Networks to Join IT Leaders at CIOsynergy Event
- Convey Computer Announces Wolverine Family of Coprocessors
- PGI 2014 Adds OpenACC 2.0 Features for NVIDIA and AMD GPU Accelerators
- SCinet NRE Showcases Internet Innovations
- Cirrascale Announces Improved Power Solution for BladeRack 2 F-Series
- PLX's PCIe 3.0 Switches Enabling 128GB/sec for Fujitsu Storage
- ANSYS and NVIDIA Deliver GPU-Accelerated CFD Solver
- Samsung Joins OpenPOWER Foundation
- NVIDIA Reports Financial Results for Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2014
- More Off The Wire…
- Read more…
- Read more…
Real-time analytics offers enterprises the ability to examine âlive,â fast-changing data within operational systems andRead more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- 2/24/14 | Altair | Australiaâs National Computational Infrastructure (NCI) chose PBS Professional to manage workload for its âRaijinâ cluster from Fujitsu, the Read more…
- 10/30/13 | Cray, DDN, Mellanox, NetApp, ScaleMP, Supermicro, Xyratex | Creating data is easyâ¦ the challenge is getting it to the right place to make use of it. This paper discusses fresh solutions that can directly Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…