HPC Market Watch
Variety is pleased to announce that AEG President and CEO Tim Leiweke will take part in the Opening Keynote Conversation at its Sports Entertainment Summit, presented in association with the Sports Video Group, July 12 in Los Angeles.
Additionally at the Summit, Leiweke will be honored with Variety’s inaugural Sports and Entertainment Leadership Award. The event will take place at the Loews Hollywood Hotel (formerly known as the Renaissance).
Under Leiweke’s guidance over the last 17 years, AEG has become one of the world’s top presenters of sports and entertainment across its varied venue, live event and professional sports franchise ownership interests. Leiweke oversees over 100 elite facilities worldwide, including L.A.’s STAPLES Center, home to four professional sports teams including the 2012 Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings, Lakers, Clippers and Sparks as well as such recurring events as the Annual Grammy Awards shows, and the ESPN X Games, while Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE is the home of such notable awards shows as the Emmys, Espys, People’s Choice and American Music Awards.
As owner of the L.A. Kings, AEG recently gave the city a momentous victory with the team winning the Stanley Cup for the first time in its 45-year franchise history.
AEG also owns Major League Soccer’s Los Angeles Galaxy, which plays at AEG’s Home Depot Center, a designated U.S. Olympic Training Site. AEG shares ownership with many other pro sports organizations, including MLS’ Houston Dynamo and two ice hockey teams in Europe. Leiweke also serves on the Los Angeles Lakers Board of Directors.
Currently, Leiweke is focused on overseeing the ongoing development of L.A. Live, the $2.5 billion sports, residential and entertainment district adjacent to STAPLES Center. The company continues to work towards the development of Farmers Field, a downtown stadium that would be the home of a NFL team.
Previously, Leiweke has served as president and CEO for U.S. Skiing as well as President of the Denver Nuggets.
Leiweke joins previously announced Variety Sports Entertainment Keynote speakers UFC President Dana White, President of the UFC and Pro Skateboarder and Entrepreneur Tony Hawk.
Variety’s Summit will also feature the session “The Crossroads of Olympic Marketing: A Look at London 2012 & Beyond – What Sponsors, Media and Fans Can Expect,” presented by Rob Prazmark, Founder & CEO, 21 Sports & Entertainment Marketing Group/Co-Creator of the The Olympic Partner (TOP) program & Former Consultant, IOC.
Additional speakers at the Summit include:
|Steve Astephen, President, Action Sports and Olympics, Wasserman Media Group|
|Michelle Beadle, 2012 Olympics Correspondent, NBC Sports Group and Correspondent, Access Hollywood|
|Jason La Canfora, the NFL Insider on CBS’ THE NFL TODAY|
|Joe Coffaro, VP Engineering, Fox NE&O/Fox Sports Net|
|Charles Coplin, EVP, Content, NHL|
|Juan Delgado, Managing Director, North America, Perform|
|Trevor Doerksen, CEO/Founder, Mobovivo|
|Rick Fox, Actor & Former Lakers NBA Champion|
|Ken Fuchs, VP Yahoo! Media Network – Sports, Games & Entertainment|
|Shawn Green, MLB All-Star & Co-Founder, JockTalk|
|George Greenberg, EVP & GM, FUEL TV|
|Lou Greco, EVP Sales, iStreamPlanet|
|Ken Hershman, President, HBO Sports|
|Eien Hyett, Director of Post Production, Fox Networks Group|
|Jason Kint, SVP/GM, CBSSports.com|
|John Kosner, EVP & GM, ESPN Digital Media|
|Liz Kruger, Creator & Executive Producer, Necessary Roughness|
|Michael Luisi, President, WWE Studios|
|Burke Magnus, SVP, College Sports Programming, ESPN|
|Maura Mandt, ESPYs Executive Producer|
|Rachel McLish, Four-Time Ms. Olympia and Star, upcoming TLC series Tighter and Leaner to the Core|
|David Nathanson, EVP & GM, Fox Soccer|
|Clark Pierce, SVP, Digital Media, FOX Sports Media Group|
|David Rone, President, Time Warner Cable Sports|
|Claude Ruibal, Director & Global Sports Head, YouTube|
|Becky Sendrow, Agent, CAA|
|Eric Shanks, Co-President and COO, Fox Sports Media Group|
|Craig Shapiro, Creator & Executive Producer, Necessary Roughness|
|Andrew Siciliano, Host, NFL Sunday Ticket on DirecTV|
|Bill Simmons, Sports Columnist & Editor in Chief, Grantland|
|Tim Smith, Manager, Professional Video Products, Canon|
|Josh Snow, Director of Interactive Sports & Apps, DirecTV|
|Gary Stevenson, President, Pac-12 Enterprises|
|Picabo Street, U.S. Olympian|
|Zane Stoddard, Managing Director, Entertainment Marketing & Business Development, NASCAR|
|Eric Villain, President of Media and Technology, Ipsos MediaCT|
|Jon Weinbach, Producer for The Other Dream Team and Executive Producer for Mandalay Sports Media|
|Richard Whittington, SVP of Media & Entertainment, SAP|
|Rob Willox, Director of Marketing, Sony Electronics|
|Jonathan Wilner, Senior Director Business Product Management, Ooyala|
The Summit is sponsored by Bexel, Grass Valley, Ipsos, NewTek, SOS Global Express, Mobovivo, Signiant, SAP and Ooyala. More details about the summit including registration, speaking, advertising and sponsorship opportunities can be found at www.variety.com/sportsentertainment.
Variety is the leading publication for business entertainment news, recognized and respected throughout the world of show business. The Variety Group – Daily Variety, Daily Variety Gotham, Variety, Variety.com, LA 411, Variety 411 – are owned by Reed Business Information. RBI is a member of the Reed Elsevier Group plc (NYSE: RUK) (NYSE: ENL).
The Sports Video Group was formed in 2006 to support the professional community that relies on video, audio, and broadband technologies to produce and distribute sports content. Leagues, owners, teams, players, broadcasters, webcasters, and consumer technology providers have joined the SVG to learn from each other, turn vision into reality, implement new innovations, while sharing experiences that will lead to advancements in the sports production/distribution process and the overall consumer sports experience.
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here
March 7, 2014
March 6, 2014
March 5, 2014
- Technologists to Receive IEEE Computer Society Technical Achievement Awards
- Hitachi to Establish Big Data Research Lab in Denmark
- Terascala Announces New Version of Intelligent Storage Bridge
- IHPC and SMMI Launch Joint Lab
- DDN Joins Active Archive Alliance
- Research and Markets Adds New HPC Report to Offering
March 4, 2014
- Ethernet Alliance to Participate at OFC 2014
- Rogue Wave and STFC Collaborate
- QLogic Gen 5 Fibre Channel Adapters Available for Lenovo Servers
March 3, 2014
- Cirrascale Introduces Next Generation of VB2400 Series Blade Servers
- SGI Delivers Shared Memory System for JAMSTEC Earth Simulator
- Conduant Providing Storage Resources to PXIe-Based Systems
- CSP Releases New Version of DBL Software
- Mellanox Collaborates with Cambridge for SKA Project
- NEC Announces Version 5.1 of ProgrammableFlow Networking Suite
February 28, 2014
Most Read Features
- How HPC is Hacking Hadoop
- Intel Etches HPC Niche with Xeon E7 V2
- Cray Goes Back to the Future for Weather Forecasting
- HPC Roots Feed Big Data Branches
- The Top Supercomputing Led Discoveries of 2013
- AMD Refreshes Vision for HPC Future
- News Roundup: The Week in HPC
- The Future of Accelerator Programming
- Amazon Lead Highlights HPC Cloud Progress
- How Can Supercomputers Survive a Drought?
- More Features…
Most Read Short Takes
- Pushing Parallel Processing Power at CERN
- Adapting Hadoop to HPC Environments
- Blu-ray for Cold Storage â What About Tape?
- Advancing Applications Toward Exascale Target
- Manipulating Quantum Bits for Cybersecurity
- Unleashing The Potential of OpenMP via Bottleneck Analysis
- Scheduling HPC as a Service
- GPUs Power Massive Settlement Mapping
- Immersion Cooling Floated as Green Energy Solution
- Windows Azure Continues 'Big Compute' Rollout
- More Short Takes…
Most Read Off The Wire
- EGI Community Forum 2014 to Take Place in Finland
- Astute Networks to Join IT Leaders at CIOsynergy Event
- Convey Computer Announces Wolverine Family of Coprocessors
- PGI 2014 Adds OpenACC 2.0 Features for NVIDIA and AMD GPU Accelerators
- Cirrascale Announces Improved Power Solution for BladeRack 2 F-Series
- SCinet NRE Showcases Internet Innovations
- PLX's PCIe 3.0 Switches Enabling 128GB/sec for Fujitsu Storage
- Argonne Training Program on Extreme-Scale Computing Scheduled for August
- ANSYS and NVIDIA Deliver GPU-Accelerated CFD Solver
- Samsung Joins OpenPOWER Foundation
- More Off The Wire…
- Read more…
- Read more…
Real-time analytics offers enterprises the ability to examine âlive,â fast-changing data within operational systems andRead more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- 2/24/14 | Altair | Australiaâs National Computational Infrastructure (NCI) chose PBS Professional to manage workload for its âRaijinâ cluster from Fujitsu, the Read more…
- 10/30/13 | Cray, DDN, Mellanox, NetApp, ScaleMP, Supermicro, Xyratex | Creating data is easyâ¦ the challenge is getting it to the right place to make use of it. This paper discusses fresh solutions that can directly Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…