HPC Market Watch
CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - June 26, 2012) -
NOT FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES OR FOR DISTRIBUTION TO U.S. NEWSWIRE SERVICES.
EmberClear Corp. (TSX VENTURE:EMB) ("EmberClear") is pleased to announce that pursuant to its previously announced brokered private placement of units (the "Brokered Offering"), it has closed an initial tranche of 362 units ("Units") for aggregate gross proceeds of $3,258,000. Each Unit is comprised of $9,000 aggregate principal amount of 12% senior convertible unsecured debentures ("Debentures") of EmberClear and 5,000 common share purchase warrants ("Warrants"). Wolverton Securities Ltd. ("Wolverton") acted as agent in respect of the Brokered Offering.
EmberClear also completed the sale of an additional 47.6666 Units on a non-brokered private placement basis for additional gross proceeds of $429,000 (the "Non-Brokered Offering", and together with the Brokered Offering, the "Offerings").
A total of approximately 409.6666 Units (comprised of a total of $3,687,000 principal amount of Debentures and 2,048,332 Warrants) were issued pursuant to the Offerings for total gross proceeds of $3,687,000.
The Debentures are senior unsecured obligations of EmberClear and bear interest at a rate of 12% per annum, payable semi-annually in arrears on June 30 and December 31 of each year, commencing December 31, 2012. The Debentures mature on June 30, 2014 and are convertible into common shares ("Common Shares") of EmberClear at any time prior thereto at the option of the holders at a conversion price of $0.75 per share. The Debentures are redeemable by EmberClear, in whole or in part, from time to time, on not more than 60 days and not less than 15 days prior notice at a redemption price equal to 103% of their principal amount plus accrued and unpaid interest, if any, up to but excluding the date set for redemption. Each Warrant entitles the holder thereof to acquire one Common Share at a price of $0.75 for a period of two years from the date of issuance.
EmberClear intends to use the net proceeds of the private placements for general corporate purposes.
As consideration for services rendered in connection with the Brokered Offering, EmberClear also granted to Wolverton and certain sub-agents options to acquire an aggregate of 29 Units on the same terms as the Brokered Offering and a cash commission equal to 8% of the gross proceeds of the Brokered Offering.
The Debentures and the Warrants comprising the Units, and the Common Shares underlying the Debentures and the Warrants, are subject to a four month statutory hold period expiring October 27, 2012.
The securities described herein have not been registered under the United States Securities Act of 1933 (the "Act"), as amended, and may not be offered or sold in the United States unless registered under the Act or unless an exemption from registration is available.
EmberClear is an energy developer focused on low emission commercial scale projects around the world. Developing facilities using coal or natural gas as inputs to create electricity or transportation fuels characterizes our plants. We utilize our proven expertise in permitting, site-control, and engineering feasibility to leverage our other assets including a license on IP, control systems, and equipment procurement from Huaneng Clean Energy Research Institute (HCERI, a subsidiary of the world's largest power company, Huaneng Power Group of China). EmberClear also holds surface and mineral rights in Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania. This property lies in the Southern Anthracite coalfield of eastern Pennsylvania, USA. Mineral rights held by the company include Anthracite/PCI coal suitable for the metallurgical industry. EmberClear's shares are listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the trading symbol "EMB". For more information, please visit www.emberclear.com.
Forward-Looking Statement Disclaimer
Certain statements contained in this document constitute forward-looking statements or information (collectively "forward-looking statements") within the meaning of the "safe harbour" provisions of applicable securities legislation. Forward-looking statements are typically identified by words such as "expect", "intend", "may", "will", "believe", "potential" and similar words suggesting future events or future performance. In particular, this document contains forward-looking statements pertaining to the proposed use of proceeds of the private placements and the anticipated occurrence of additional closings. Although we believe that the expectations reflected in the forward-looking statements contained in this document, and the assumptions on which such forward-looking statements are made, are reasonable, there can be no assurance that such expectations will prove to be correct. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements included in this document, as there can be no assurance that the plans, intentions or expectations upon which the forward-looking statements are based will occur. By their nature, forward-looking statements involve numerous assumptions, known and unknown risks and uncertainties that contribute to the possibility that the predictions, forecasts, projections and other forward-looking statements will not occur, which may cause our actual performance and financial results in future periods to differ materially from any estimates or projections of future performance or results expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. The intended use of the proceeds of the private placements by EmberClear might change if the board of directors of EmberClear determines that it would be in the best interests of EmberClear to deploy the proceeds for some other purpose. The forward-looking statements contained in this document speak only as of the date of this document. Except as expressly required by applicable securities laws, we do not undertake any obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. The forward-looking statements contained in this document are expressly qualified by this cautionary statement.
(C) 2012 EmberClear Corp. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here
December 9, 2013
- QLogic Names Prasad Rampalli President and CEO
- IBM and Bechtle Providing Servers to EU Organizations
- LSU Announces Eighth Release of the Einstein Toolkit
- HPC Advisory Council Announces HPCmusic Subgroup
- Samsung to Launch 840 EVO mSATA SSD Line-Up
- Fujitsu Develops SDN Technology to Accelerate Network Storage Access
- ASUS Servers Power SANAM HPC Cluster
- Servergy Partners with Inktank to Develop Cloud Storage Solution
- DataCenter Insights Summit 2014 Set for Early November
December 6, 2013
- European HPC Centers Add Allinea DDT to Multi-Petaflop Cray Systems
- GE Selects Oklahoma City for New Global Hub of Oil & Gas Technology
- Solarflare University Program Reaches Milestone
December 5, 2013
- Blue Waters Helps Team Win Best Paper at SC13
- Universities Working with Internet2 and Rackspace to Build Hybrid Cloud Environment
- Bright Computing Announces Support for NVIDIA Tesla K40 GPU Accelerator
- ICBR Selects DDN Storage
- SolidFire to Power Internap’s Cloud Storage Offering
- Supermicro Extends Partnership with EET Europarts
December 4, 2013
- GE Launches Operator Interface Solutions for the Industrial Internet
- Argonne Researchers Establish MPICH ABI Compatibility Initiative
Most Read Features
- Micron Exposes the Double Life of Memory with Automata Processor
- Intel Brings Knights to the Roundtable at SC13
- OpenACC Broadens Appeal with GCC Compiler Support
- LINPACK Creator Sheds Light on Emerging HPC Benchmark
- SC13 Wrapup: Supercomputingâs Top Themes
- Crash and Boom: Inside the 10GbE Adapter Market
- Hurricane Force Supercomputing: Petascale Simulations of Sandy
- Intel Sheds Light on the âCorner to Landingâ Leap
- Breaking: Results in for this Year's Top500 Supercomputer List
- HPC Prospects in Qatar
- More Features…
Most Read Short Takes
- SC Flashback: Seymour Cray on Gallium Arsenide
- Alternatives to x86 for Physics Processing
- Dell Measures 'Ivy Bridge' Server's Performance Edge
- NASA Earth Science Data Now Available on AWS
- AWS Launches 'Ivy Bridge'-backed EC2 Instance Type
- Dongarra Honored with Ken Kennedy Award for Contributions to Supercomputing
- Freeing CAE Jobs from Zombie Computing
- America COMPETES Act Reauthorization Hearing
- NVIDIA Tesla Matchoff: K40 Versus the K20X
- CAE Heads for Extreme Scaling
- More Short Takes…
Most Read Off The Wire
- EGI Community Forum 2014 to Take Place in Finland
- Heterogeneous Systems Dominate the Green500
- AMD Introduces the New FirePro S10000
- DOE Awards $25.4M for Exascale Design Contracts
- Allinea DDT Supports NVIDIA CUDA 5.5 and CUDA on ARM
- Intel Selects CoolIT Systems to Liquid Cool Top500 Cluster
- Second Call for Papers Issued for IEEE NCCA 2014
- NVIDIA Announces CUDA 6
- TACC to Deploy Maverick for Visualization and Data Analysis
- IBM Supercomputers Take Top Spots on Graph500 List
- More Off The Wire…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- 10/30/13 | Cray, DDN, Mellanox, NetApp, ScaleMP, Supermicro, Xyratex | Creating data is easyâ¦ the challenge is getting it to the right place to make use of it. This paper discusses fresh solutions that can directly Read more…
- 10/1/13 | IBM | A new trend is developing in the HPC space that is also affecting enterprise computing productivity with the arrival of âultra-denseâ hyper-scale Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
HPC Job Bank
December 9 - 12Las Vegas
December 10 - 13New York NJ United States
December 10 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pmNew York NY United States
December 18 - 21Bangalore India
January 13, 2014 - January 14, 2014Barcelona Spain