HPC Market Watch
LexisNexis® Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com), a leading provider of content and technology solutions, today announced the launch of a new data-driven consulting service designed to help corporate legal departments improve the predictability of their legal costs, manage their budgets with more certainty and derive greater value from their work with outside counsel. LexisNexis® CounselLink® Analytics is a service offering that delivers specific recommendations for cost management and negotiations with outside legal counsel – including guidance on the use of alternative fee arrangements (AFAs) – as well as data benchmarking and analysis against industry best practices with respect to legal spend on comparable types of matters.
“By helping inside counsel analyze their costs, the CounselLink Analytics team can help generate more accurate projections of future legal costs, suggest appropriate fee structures to help derive more value from outside counsel and pinpoint other areas for improvement,” said Jonah Paransky, vice president and managing director for LexisNexis CounselLink. “The recently released ALM survey on the use of alternative fee arrangements shows that corporate counsel continue to struggle with AFAs. The CounselLink Analytics service offers them a powerful means of understanding, structuring and leveraging alternative fee arrangements to maximum effect.”
CounselLink Analytics is the first in a new series of new data-driven products and services from the LexisNexis® Legal Business Software Solutions group. The service is available to customers of LexisNexis CounselLink, a leading web-based matter management, e-billing and legal hold software used by corporate legal departments.
The CounselLink Analytics team is led by the Director of Analytics Consulting for LexisNexis CounselLink, Kris Satkunas. Kris has more than 12 years of experience consulting to the legal industry on such areas as benchmarking, practice area metrics and scorecards, matter pricing and staffing, profitability and cost management. Before joining the CounselLink business, Kris teamed with a group of industry leaders in her role as director of the Redwood Analytics® Think Tank, to develop advances in analytics and best practices to improve law firm performance.
Typical consulting engagements for CounselLink Analytics customers are focused on one or more of the following areas, and the scope can be expanded or narrowed, based on particular needs:
- Comprehensive Cost Management and Vendor Negotiation: Delivers specific recommendations for a broad range of cost saving opportunities based on similar matters in the past.
- Alternative Fee Arrangements: Identifies the types of matters that best lend themselves to alternative fee arrangements and models the impact of different pricing scenarios and fee structures on bottom-line legal costs.
- Benchmarking Analysis: Compares client budget and performance data against comparable legal departments and industry averages to identify specific areas for improvement.
- Matter Forecasting: Leverages historic cost trends and drivers of those costs to generate more accurate forecasts of future matter-specific legal costs.
- Custom Projects: Tailored to the specific needs and objectives of each legal department.
“Most legal departments have reams of data but aren’t sure how to analyze and interpret that data to identify inefficiencies and to quantify for corporate leadership, the value being generated by the company’s legal department,” said Kris Satkunas. “By combining the power of our CounselLink software with the new consulting service, inside counsel can better manage all of their legal matters and costs – and quantify those improvements – without sacrificing quality.”
LexisNexis CounselLink software enables corporate law departments to more effectively and efficiently manage their matters and legal spend, while at the same time optimizing their outside counsel relationships. The offering consists of comprehensive matter management functionality, robust e-billing capabilities, actionable reporting and benchmarking tools, and various outside counsel collaboration features. More information about CounselLink matter management and e-billing software can be found at www.counsellink.com.
LexisNexis CounselLink is hosting a webinar on July 17 at 3 p.m. Eastern to discuss findings of the ALM study on AFAs. Click on the following link to learn more about the webinar:
About LexisNexis Legal & Professional
LexisNexis® Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis® and Nexis® services. Today, LexisNexis harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, Inc. LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
LexisNexis helps professionals at law firms and legal departments of all sizes manage the business element of their practice with innovative software and mobile solutions for customer relationship management, competitive intelligence gathering and assessment, time and billing management, matter management, client analysis, legal holds and more.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Six Financial
Postage Rates Bots go here
April 16, 2014
- NEC Selects Chelsio Adapters for Vector Supercomputer
- SGI Announces Partnership with GIS Federal and NVIDIA
- Mellanox Collaborates with Dell
April 15, 2014
- Xyratex Introduces ClusterStor SDA
- NCI to Utilize Mellanox CloudX Interconnect
- Cluster 2014 Set for September
April 14, 2014
April 11, 2014
April 10, 2014
- NCSA Presents Blue Waters Symposium for Petascale Science and Beyond
- Fujitsu Launches New PRIMEQUEST Series
April 9, 2014
- Bright Computing Achieves Cloudera Certification for Bright Cluster Manager
- Sabalcore Launches Accelerated 3D Remote Graphics
April 8, 2014
- Cray to Deliver TAS Solution to HLRN
- Susan Estrada Inducted into Internet Hall of Fame
- ARM Compiler 6 Introduced
- Fujitsu and Oracle Enhance M10 SPARC Servers
- 3M, SGI, and Intel Showcase Advanced Cooling Technology
- PSC Developing Networking Tool to Speed Big Data Transfers
- Digital Realty Partners with Nimbix to Deliver Cloud-Based Solution for Oil & Gas
Most Read Features
- Cloud Bolsters HPC/HTC Student Research
- Details Emerging on Japanâs Future Exascale System
- Peek into China's Plans for Top Supercomputer Shows No Slowdown
- Inside Major League Baseballâs âHypothesis Machineâ
- NVIDIA Steers Roadmap Around GPU Bottlenecks
- Mont Blanc Forges Cluster from Smartphone Chips
- NVIDIA Highlights GPU Progress on Titan Supercomputer
- New Intel HPC Lead Tracks Phi Momentum
- Reality Check on Liquid Cooling in the Data Center
- The Top Supercomputing Led Discoveries of 2013
- More Features…
Most Read Short Takes
- Programming for Unreliable Hardware
- Is the ECC Performance Price Worth it for GPUs?
- Benchmarking MPI Communication on Phi-Based Clusters
- The Big Data of Holistic Performance Analysis
- Museum to Resurrect First-Gen Supercomputer
- Big Data Versus Big Compute
- Big Data Reaches to the Stratosphere
- How NASA Is Meeting the Big Data Challenge
- Making HPC and Big Data More Accessible
- AMD Developer Summit Spotlights Heterogeneous Computing
- More Short Takes…
Most Read Off The Wire
- EGI Community Forum 2014 to Take Place in Finland
- EGI Community Forum Agenda is Now Online
- Convey Computer Announces Wolverine Family of Coprocessors
- University of Illinois Wins MEMOCODE Design Contest Using Convey HC-1
- Ethernet Alliance to Participate at OFC 2014
- IIT Professor Establishes New Mathematical Model for Reducing Data Access Delay
- IEEE Launches 400GbE Task Force
- Cirrascale Announces Improved Power Solution for BladeRack 2 F-Series
- Swierk Datacenter to Receive Bull Supercomputer
- Astute Networks to Join IT Leaders at CIOsynergy Event
- More Off The Wire…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- 3/12/14 | HPCwire, EnterpriseTech, ScaleMP | In the first of our new Spotlight ON: series, weâre taking a look beyond the public sector to find out how end-users in markets from Read more…
- 2/24/14 | Altair | Australiaâs National Computational Infrastructure (NCI) chose PBS Professional to manage workload for its âRaijinâ cluster from Fujitsu, the Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…