HPC Market Watch
ProShares, a premier provider of alternative exchange traded funds (ETFs), announced today the launch of ProShares UltraPro Financials (NYSE: FINU) and ProShares UltraPro Short Financials (NYSE: FINZ). The ETFs list on NYSE Arca today.
- FINU seeks to provide 3x the daily performance of the Dow Jones U.S. Financials IndexSM, before fees and expenses.
- FINZ seeks to provide -3x the daily performance of the Dow Jones U.S. Financials IndexSM, before fees and expenses.
"Financials have been one of the most dynamic parts of the market and many investors are seeking to manage risk or potentially take advantage of moves by the sector," said Michael L. Sapir, Chairman and CEO of ProShare Advisors LLC, ProShares' investment advisor. "Our existing geared financial ETFs have raised more than $1 billion1 of assets and we are pleased to offer additional ways for investors to manage their exposure to this important market segment."
The introduction of FINU and FINZ expand ProShares’ lineup of geared financial ETFs to five. ProShares offers the nation’s largest lineup of alternative ETFs2 which includes the world’s largest family of geared ETFs3 with assets of nearly $22 billion.
New financial sector ETFs:
|UltraPro Financials||FINU||Dow Jones U.S. Financials Index||3x|
|UltraPro Short Financials||FINZ||Dow Jones U.S. Financials Index||-3x|
Existing financial sector ETFs:
|Ultra Financials||UYG||Dow Jones U.S. Financials Index||2x|
|UltraShort Financials||SKF||Dow Jones U.S. Financials Index||-2x|
|Short Financials||SEF||Dow Jones U.S. Financials Index||-1x|
Offering the nation’s largest lineup of alternative ETFs, ProShares enables investors to go beyond the limitations of conventional investing and meet today’s market challenges. Each ProShares ETF provides access to an alternative investment strategy delivered with the liquidity, transparency and cost effectiveness of an ETF. ProShares’ lineup of ETFs includes Global Fixed Income, Hedge Strategy, Geared (leveraged and inverse), and Inflation and Volatility ETFs.
1 $1.08 billion as of July 10, 2012
2 Source: FRC. As of March 31, 2012.
3 Source: Lipper, based on a worldwide analysis of all known providers of funds in these categories. The analysis covered ETFs and ETNs by the number of funds and assets (as of June 30, 2011).
These ProShares ETFs seek returns that are 3x, 2x, -1x, -2x or -3x of the return of an index or other benchmark (target) for a single day, as measured from one NAV calculation to the next. Due to the compounding of daily returns, ProShares' returns over periods other than one day will likely differ in amount and possibly direction from the target return for the same period. These effects may be more pronounced in funds with larger or inverse multiples and in funds with volatile benchmarks. Investors should monitor their ProShares holdings consistent with their strategies, as frequently as daily. For more on correlation, leverage and other risks, please read the prospectus.
Investing involves risk, including the possible loss of principal. These ProShares ETFs are non-diversified and entail certain risks, including risk associated with the use of derivatives (swap agreements, futures contracts and similar instruments), imperfect benchmark correlation, leverage and market price variance, all of which can increase volatility and decrease performance. Short ProShares should lose money when their benchmarks or indexes rise. Narrowly focused investments typically exhibit higher volatility. For more on correlation, leverage and other risks, please read the prospectus. There is no guarantee any ProShares ETF will achieve its investment objective.
The "Dow Jones U.S. Financials IndexSM" is a product of Dow Jones Indexes, the marketing name and a licensed trademark of CME Group Index Services LLC ("CME Indexes"). "Dow Jones,®" "DJ," "Dow Jones Indexes" and "Dow Jones U.S. Financials Index" are service marks of Dow Jones Trademark Holdings, LLC ("Dow Jones") and have been licensed to CME Indexes and sublicensed to ProShares. ProShares have not been passed on by CME Indexes or Dow Jones as to their legality or suitability. ProShares based on the Dow Jones U.S. Financials Index are not sponsored, endorsed, sold or promoted by CME Indexes or Dow Jones, and they make no representation regarding the advisability of investing in ProShares. THESE ENTITIES AND THEIR AFFILIATES MAKE NO WARRANTIES AND BEAR NO LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO PROSHARES.
Carefully consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses of ProShares before investing. This and other information can be found in their summary and full prospectuses. Read them carefully before investing. Obtain them from your financial advisor or broker/dealer representative or by visiting ProShares.com.
ProShares are distributed by SEI Investments Distribution Co., which is not affiliated with the funds' advisor.
Hewes Communications, Inc.
Tucker Hewes, 212-207-9451
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Six Financial
Postage Rates Bots go here
July 23, 2014
- SC14 Registration Opens
- SanDisk Completes Acquisition of Fusion-io
- IBM Expands HPC Capabilities in the Cloud
- RIKEN Researchers Run 10,240 Parallel Simulations of Global Weather on K Computer
- IEEE Cluster 2014 PhD Student Mentoring Program Issues Call for Applications
July 22, 2014
- Lasers at Dartmouth Brighten Future for Quantum Computing
- DDN Joins Global Alliance for Genomics and Health
- Cray to Announce Second Quarter 2014 Financial Results on July 29
July 21, 2014
July 18, 2014
July 17, 2014
July 16, 2014
- UChicago Program to Train Data Scientists
- Cycle Computing Adds Tim Carroll and Rob Futrick to Management Team
- SEL to Utilize SGI System for Research
- Cray Awarded Contract to Install India’s First XC30 Supercomputer
- RMACC Symposium to Focus on Growth in HPC
- Students Use Supercomputing to Design Future Aircraft
July 15, 2014
- National Computing Leaders to Keynote HPC Symposium
- NSA Announces New Schools as Cyber Operations Centers of Academic Excellence
- Colorado State University to Explore Trends in HPC at RMACC Symposium
Most Read Features
- Los Alamos Lead Shares âTrinityâ Feeds and Speeds
- IBM Offers Glimpse into Future of HPC Investments
- Are Supercomputingâs Elite Turning Backs on Accelerators?
- First Details Emerge from Cray on Trinity Supercomputer
- Chinaâs Supercomputing Strategy Called Out
- Breaking: Detailed Results from Todayâs Top 500 Fastest Supercomputers List
- New HPC Benchmark Delivers Promising Results
- Compilers and More: MPI+X
- Cray Looks Ahead to Next Generation of Growth
- TACCâs New Director Shares Strategy, System Futures
- More Features…
Most Read Short Takes
- Human Brain Project Draws Sharp Criticism
- The Case for a Parallel Programming Alternative
- 3D Simulations Raise Bar for Astrophysics
- New Photoresist Could Add Years to Mooreâs Law
- Russia to Develop Home-Grown Chips
- Team EPCC Reveals Secret Weapon Behind Winning Linpack Score
- Greece to Deploy Supercomputer by Year End
- Advancing Drug Discovery with HPC Cloud
- An Easier, Faster Programming Language?
- IBM Bets on Nanotubes to Succeed Silicon in 2020
- More Short Takes…
Most Read Off The Wire
- Adapteva Reveals A-1 Supercomputing Platform at ISC14
- Intel Announces New Details for Knights Landing
- Top Supercomputers of India List Released
- Cray Awarded $174M Supercomputer Contract From NNSA
- June Green500 List Released
- Boston Limited Helps EPCC Break LINPACK Record
- ORNL Wins Eight R&D 100 Awards
- SGI Achieves Top 4/5 Most Efficient Supercomputers on TOP500 List
- Mellanox Unveils 100Gb/s EDR InfiniBand Switch
- IDC Announces Winners of HPC Innovation Excellence Awards
- More Off The Wire…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- 7/17/14 | Acceleware | Learn about advanced software engineering techniques that leverage the power of todayâs parallel hardware to optimize applications for maximum Read more…
- 6/26/14 | Digipede | Distribute and accelerate: How running compute-intensive applications in a distributed computing environment can significantly shorten the time Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
August 20 - 22San Diego CA United States
September 22New York NY United States
September 29 - 30Heidelberg Germany
October 8 - 9Royal Victoria Dock London United Kingdom
November 16 - 21