HPC Market Watch
ProShares, a premier provider of alternative exchange traded funds (ETFs), announced today the launch of ProShares UltraPro Financials (NYSE: FINU) and ProShares UltraPro Short Financials (NYSE: FINZ). The ETFs list on NYSE Arca today.
- FINU seeks to provide 3x the daily performance of the Dow Jones U.S. Financials IndexSM, before fees and expenses.
- FINZ seeks to provide -3x the daily performance of the Dow Jones U.S. Financials IndexSM, before fees and expenses.
"Financials have been one of the most dynamic parts of the market and many investors are seeking to manage risk or potentially take advantage of moves by the sector," said Michael L. Sapir, Chairman and CEO of ProShare Advisors LLC, ProShares' investment advisor. "Our existing geared financial ETFs have raised more than $1 billion1 of assets and we are pleased to offer additional ways for investors to manage their exposure to this important market segment."
The introduction of FINU and FINZ expand ProShares’ lineup of geared financial ETFs to five. ProShares offers the nation’s largest lineup of alternative ETFs2 which includes the world’s largest family of geared ETFs3 with assets of nearly $22 billion.
New financial sector ETFs:
|UltraPro Financials||FINU||Dow Jones U.S. Financials Index||3x|
|UltraPro Short Financials||FINZ||Dow Jones U.S. Financials Index||-3x|
Existing financial sector ETFs:
|Ultra Financials||UYG||Dow Jones U.S. Financials Index||2x|
|UltraShort Financials||SKF||Dow Jones U.S. Financials Index||-2x|
|Short Financials||SEF||Dow Jones U.S. Financials Index||-1x|
Offering the nation’s largest lineup of alternative ETFs, ProShares enables investors to go beyond the limitations of conventional investing and meet today’s market challenges. Each ProShares ETF provides access to an alternative investment strategy delivered with the liquidity, transparency and cost effectiveness of an ETF. ProShares’ lineup of ETFs includes Global Fixed Income, Hedge Strategy, Geared (leveraged and inverse), and Inflation and Volatility ETFs.
1 $1.08 billion as of July 10, 2012
2 Source: FRC. As of March 31, 2012.
3 Source: Lipper, based on a worldwide analysis of all known providers of funds in these categories. The analysis covered ETFs and ETNs by the number of funds and assets (as of June 30, 2011).
These ProShares ETFs seek returns that are 3x, 2x, -1x, -2x or -3x of the return of an index or other benchmark (target) for a single day, as measured from one NAV calculation to the next. Due to the compounding of daily returns, ProShares' returns over periods other than one day will likely differ in amount and possibly direction from the target return for the same period. These effects may be more pronounced in funds with larger or inverse multiples and in funds with volatile benchmarks. Investors should monitor their ProShares holdings consistent with their strategies, as frequently as daily. For more on correlation, leverage and other risks, please read the prospectus.
Investing involves risk, including the possible loss of principal. These ProShares ETFs are non-diversified and entail certain risks, including risk associated with the use of derivatives (swap agreements, futures contracts and similar instruments), imperfect benchmark correlation, leverage and market price variance, all of which can increase volatility and decrease performance. Short ProShares should lose money when their benchmarks or indexes rise. Narrowly focused investments typically exhibit higher volatility. For more on correlation, leverage and other risks, please read the prospectus. There is no guarantee any ProShares ETF will achieve its investment objective.
The "Dow Jones U.S. Financials IndexSM" is a product of Dow Jones Indexes, the marketing name and a licensed trademark of CME Group Index Services LLC ("CME Indexes"). "Dow Jones,®" "DJ," "Dow Jones Indexes" and "Dow Jones U.S. Financials Index" are service marks of Dow Jones Trademark Holdings, LLC ("Dow Jones") and have been licensed to CME Indexes and sublicensed to ProShares. ProShares have not been passed on by CME Indexes or Dow Jones as to their legality or suitability. ProShares based on the Dow Jones U.S. Financials Index are not sponsored, endorsed, sold or promoted by CME Indexes or Dow Jones, and they make no representation regarding the advisability of investing in ProShares. THESE ENTITIES AND THEIR AFFILIATES MAKE NO WARRANTIES AND BEAR NO LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO PROSHARES.
Carefully consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses of ProShares before investing. This and other information can be found in their summary and full prospectuses. Read them carefully before investing. Obtain them from your financial advisor or broker/dealer representative or by visiting ProShares.com.
ProShares are distributed by SEI Investments Distribution Co., which is not affiliated with the funds' advisor.
Hewes Communications, Inc.
Tucker Hewes, 212-207-9451
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here
March 7, 2014
March 6, 2014
March 5, 2014
- Technologists to Receive IEEE Computer Society Technical Achievement Awards
- Hitachi to Establish Big Data Research Lab in Denmark
- Terascala Announces New Version of Intelligent Storage Bridge
- IHPC and SMMI Launch Joint Lab
- DDN Joins Active Archive Alliance
- Research and Markets Adds New HPC Report to Offering
March 4, 2014
- Ethernet Alliance to Participate at OFC 2014
- Rogue Wave and STFC Collaborate
- QLogic Gen 5 Fibre Channel Adapters Available for Lenovo Servers
March 3, 2014
- Cirrascale Introduces Next Generation of VB2400 Series Blade Servers
- SGI Delivers Shared Memory System for JAMSTEC Earth Simulator
- Conduant Providing Storage Resources to PXIe-Based Systems
- CSP Releases New Version of DBL Software
- Mellanox Collaborates with Cambridge for SKA Project
- NEC Announces Version 5.1 of ProgrammableFlow Networking Suite
February 28, 2014
Most Read Features
- How HPC is Hacking Hadoop
- Intel Etches HPC Niche with Xeon E7 V2
- Cray Goes Back to the Future for Weather Forecasting
- HPC Roots Feed Big Data Branches
- The Top Supercomputing Led Discoveries of 2013
- AMD Refreshes Vision for HPC Future
- News Roundup: The Week in HPC
- The Future of Accelerator Programming
- One Year, 7,000 Xeon Phi Cards: The TACC Experience
- Amazon Lead Highlights HPC Cloud Progress
- More Features…
Most Read Short Takes
- Pushing Parallel Processing Power at CERN
- Adapting Hadoop to HPC Environments
- Blu-ray for Cold Storage â What About Tape?
- Advancing Applications Toward Exascale Target
- Unleashing The Potential of OpenMP via Bottleneck Analysis
- Manipulating Quantum Bits for Cybersecurity
- Scheduling HPC as a Service
- GPUs Power Massive Settlement Mapping
- Windows Azure Continues 'Big Compute' Rollout
- Immersion Cooling Floated as Green Energy Solution
- More Short Takes…
Most Read Off The Wire
- EGI Community Forum 2014 to Take Place in Finland
- Astute Networks to Join IT Leaders at CIOsynergy Event
- Convey Computer Announces Wolverine Family of Coprocessors
- SCinet NRE Showcases Internet Innovations
- Cirrascale Announces Improved Power Solution for BladeRack 2 F-Series
- PGI 2014 Adds OpenACC 2.0 Features for NVIDIA and AMD GPU Accelerators
- PLX's PCIe 3.0 Switches Enabling 128GB/sec for Fujitsu Storage
- Argonne Training Program on Extreme-Scale Computing Scheduled for August
- ANSYS and NVIDIA Deliver GPU-Accelerated CFD Solver
- Samsung Joins OpenPOWER Foundation
- More Off The Wire…
- Read more…
- Read more…
Real-time analytics offers enterprises the ability to examine âlive,â fast-changing data within operational systems andRead more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- 2/24/14 | Altair | Australiaâs National Computational Infrastructure (NCI) chose PBS Professional to manage workload for its âRaijinâ cluster from Fujitsu, the Read more…
- 10/30/13 | Cray, DDN, Mellanox, NetApp, ScaleMP, Supermicro, Xyratex | Creating data is easyâ¦ the challenge is getting it to the right place to make use of it. This paper discusses fresh solutions that can directly Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…