HPC Market Watch
ProShares, a premier provider of alternative exchange traded funds (ETFs), announced today the launch of ProShares UltraPro Financials (NYSE: FINU) and ProShares UltraPro Short Financials (NYSE: FINZ). The ETFs list on NYSE Arca today.
- FINU seeks to provide 3x the daily performance of the Dow Jones U.S. Financials IndexSM, before fees and expenses.
- FINZ seeks to provide -3x the daily performance of the Dow Jones U.S. Financials IndexSM, before fees and expenses.
"Financials have been one of the most dynamic parts of the market and many investors are seeking to manage risk or potentially take advantage of moves by the sector," said Michael L. Sapir, Chairman and CEO of ProShare Advisors LLC, ProShares' investment advisor. "Our existing geared financial ETFs have raised more than $1 billion1 of assets and we are pleased to offer additional ways for investors to manage their exposure to this important market segment."
The introduction of FINU and FINZ expand ProShares’ lineup of geared financial ETFs to five. ProShares offers the nation’s largest lineup of alternative ETFs2 which includes the world’s largest family of geared ETFs3 with assets of nearly $22 billion.
New financial sector ETFs:
|UltraPro Financials||FINU||Dow Jones U.S. Financials Index||3x|
|UltraPro Short Financials||FINZ||Dow Jones U.S. Financials Index||-3x|
Existing financial sector ETFs:
|Ultra Financials||UYG||Dow Jones U.S. Financials Index||2x|
|UltraShort Financials||SKF||Dow Jones U.S. Financials Index||-2x|
|Short Financials||SEF||Dow Jones U.S. Financials Index||-1x|
Offering the nation’s largest lineup of alternative ETFs, ProShares enables investors to go beyond the limitations of conventional investing and meet today’s market challenges. Each ProShares ETF provides access to an alternative investment strategy delivered with the liquidity, transparency and cost effectiveness of an ETF. ProShares’ lineup of ETFs includes Global Fixed Income, Hedge Strategy, Geared (leveraged and inverse), and Inflation and Volatility ETFs.
1 $1.08 billion as of July 10, 2012
2 Source: FRC. As of March 31, 2012.
3 Source: Lipper, based on a worldwide analysis of all known providers of funds in these categories. The analysis covered ETFs and ETNs by the number of funds and assets (as of June 30, 2011).
These ProShares ETFs seek returns that are 3x, 2x, -1x, -2x or -3x of the return of an index or other benchmark (target) for a single day, as measured from one NAV calculation to the next. Due to the compounding of daily returns, ProShares' returns over periods other than one day will likely differ in amount and possibly direction from the target return for the same period. These effects may be more pronounced in funds with larger or inverse multiples and in funds with volatile benchmarks. Investors should monitor their ProShares holdings consistent with their strategies, as frequently as daily. For more on correlation, leverage and other risks, please read the prospectus.
Investing involves risk, including the possible loss of principal. These ProShares ETFs are non-diversified and entail certain risks, including risk associated with the use of derivatives (swap agreements, futures contracts and similar instruments), imperfect benchmark correlation, leverage and market price variance, all of which can increase volatility and decrease performance. Short ProShares should lose money when their benchmarks or indexes rise. Narrowly focused investments typically exhibit higher volatility. For more on correlation, leverage and other risks, please read the prospectus. There is no guarantee any ProShares ETF will achieve its investment objective.
The "Dow Jones U.S. Financials IndexSM" is a product of Dow Jones Indexes, the marketing name and a licensed trademark of CME Group Index Services LLC ("CME Indexes"). "Dow Jones,®" "DJ," "Dow Jones Indexes" and "Dow Jones U.S. Financials Index" are service marks of Dow Jones Trademark Holdings, LLC ("Dow Jones") and have been licensed to CME Indexes and sublicensed to ProShares. ProShares have not been passed on by CME Indexes or Dow Jones as to their legality or suitability. ProShares based on the Dow Jones U.S. Financials Index are not sponsored, endorsed, sold or promoted by CME Indexes or Dow Jones, and they make no representation regarding the advisability of investing in ProShares. THESE ENTITIES AND THEIR AFFILIATES MAKE NO WARRANTIES AND BEAR NO LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO PROSHARES.
Carefully consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses of ProShares before investing. This and other information can be found in their summary and full prospectuses. Read them carefully before investing. Obtain them from your financial advisor or broker/dealer representative or by visiting ProShares.com.
ProShares are distributed by SEI Investments Distribution Co., which is not affiliated with the funds' advisor.
Hewes Communications, Inc.
Tucker Hewes, 212-207-9451
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here
December 6, 2013
- European HPC Centers Add Allinea DDT to Multi-Petaflop Cray Systems
- GE Selects Oklahoma City for New Global Hub of Oil & Gas Technology
- Solarflare University Program Reaches Milestone
December 5, 2013
- Blue Waters Helps Team Win Best Paper at SC13
- Universities Working with Internet2 and Rackspace to Build Hybrid Cloud Environment
- Bright Computing Announces Support for NVIDIA Tesla K40 GPU Accelerator
- ICBR Selects DDN Storage
- SolidFire to Power Internap’s Cloud Storage Offering
- Supermicro Extends Partnership with EET Europarts
December 4, 2013
- GE Launches Operator Interface Solutions for the Industrial Internet
- Argonne Researchers Establish MPICH ABI Compatibility Initiative
- University Selects Hitachi, QStar and Spectra Logic for Cloud Storage Project
- Cycle Computing Strengthens Management Team
- Pico Computing Delivers EX-800 Server
December 3, 2013
- PRACE Summer of HPC Awards Students
- Chi-X Japan Deploys Solarflare Network Adapters
- Supermicro SuperServer Utilized in TSUBAME-KFC Supercomputer
- Datapipe Selects SolidFire Storage System for Cloud Platform
- HPCAC and ISC Announce Teams for Student Cluster Challenge
- Toshiba to Expand Enterprise SSD Family
Most Read Features
- Micron Exposes the Double Life of Memory with Automata Processor
- Intel Brings Knights to the Roundtable at SC13
- OpenACC Broadens Appeal with GCC Compiler Support
- LINPACK Creator Sheds Light on Emerging HPC Benchmark
- SC13 Wrapup: Supercomputingâs Top Themes
- Crash and Boom: Inside the 10GbE Adapter Market
- Hurricane Force Supercomputing: Petascale Simulations of Sandy
- Breaking: Results in for this Year's Top500 Supercomputer List
- HPC Prospects in Qatar
- Tesla GPU Accelerators Hit the Gas with GPU Boost
- More Features…
Most Read Short Takes
- SC Flashback: Seymour Cray on Gallium Arsenide
- Alternatives to x86 for Physics Processing
- Dongarra Honored with Ken Kennedy Award for Contributions to Supercomputing
- Dell Measures 'Ivy Bridge' Server's Performance Edge
- NASA Earth Science Data Now Available on AWS
- AWS Launches 'Ivy Bridge'-backed EC2 Instance Type
- Freeing CAE Jobs from Zombie Computing
- America COMPETES Act Reauthorization Hearing
- CAE Heads for Extreme Scaling
- NVIDIA Tesla Matchoff: K40 Versus the K20X
- More Short Takes…
Most Read Off The Wire
- EGI Community Forum 2014 to Take Place in Finland
- Heterogeneous Systems Dominate the Green500
- AMD Introduces the New FirePro S10000
- DOE Awards $25.4M for Exascale Design Contracts
- Allinea DDT Supports NVIDIA CUDA 5.5 and CUDA on ARM
- Intel Selects CoolIT Systems to Liquid Cool Top500 Cluster
- Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center Lands $7.6 Million NSF Grant
- Second Call for Papers Issued for IEEE NCCA 2014
- TACC to Deploy Maverick for Visualization and Data Analysis
- NVIDIA Announces CUDA 6
- More Off The Wire…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- 10/30/13 | Cray, DDN, Mellanox, NetApp, ScaleMP, Supermicro, Xyratex | Creating data is easyâ¦ the challenge is getting it to the right place to make use of it. This paper discusses fresh solutions that can directly Read more…
- 10/1/13 | IBM | A new trend is developing in the HPC space that is also affecting enterprise computing productivity with the arrival of âultra-denseâ hyper-scale Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
HPC Job Bank
December 9 - 12Las Vegas
December 10 - 13New York NJ United States
December 10 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pmNew York NY United States
December 18 - 21Bangalore India
January 13, 2014 - January 14, 2014Barcelona Spain