HPC Market Watch
NEW YORK, July 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Citibank today unveiled Plain Talk About Your Products, an easy-to-read guide to account features for current and prospective customers.
"Customers tell us they want easy-to-understand information about their checking relationship so they can get the most value from the features, benefits, and rewards available to them," said Stephen Troutner, Citi's Head of Branch Network and Banking Products for U.S. Consumer Banking. "Plain Talk provides customers with the facts they need to make informed decisions when opening an account or considering changes to their banking relationship."
Simplified Account Information
Starting today, Citibank customers will receive an overview of account policies, options, and features—providing more clarity on funds availability, how to earn rewards, as well as how to reduce or avoid fees. The simplified presentation was developed with feedback from The Pew Charitable Trusts.
"Plain Talk was created from customer feedback," said Troutner. "They said, 'make it easy, make it clear and show me the value from the relationship' – and we listened. We want to make it even easier for consumers to confidently use banking services to successfully save, invest, and manage their daily finances."
Plain Talk also details the multiple features that come standard for Citibank customers, such as access to 30,000 ATMs, online banking and bill payment, account alerts, budget management tools, mobile banking and Citi tablet apps for the iPad and the Kindle Fire. Plain Talk also lists fees for specific transactions such as money orders, foreign exchange, traveler's checks, and wire transfers.
"While checking accounts serve as the cornerstone of household financial management, a lack of transparency of key terms and fees can often expose customers to high, unexpected costs," said Susan Weinstock, director of Pew's Safe Checking in the Electronic Age Project. "We applaud banks, such as Citi, for providing their checking account holders with information in an easy-to-understand format, and we encourage other financial institutions to adopt our simple form so that consumers can better understand their account."
Through Plain Talk, customers will also have a better understanding of Citibank's policies that promote responsible finance, such as:
- Low-to-high processing: Citibank is the only major bank to process check and ACH transactions in order of the smallest to the largest dollar amount to help minimize overdraft charges.
- Overdraft fees: Citibank does not charge continuous or extended overdraft fees.
- No opt-in: Citibank does not allow customers to opt-in to point-of-sale overdraft coverage for debit card or ATM transactions.
Current and prospective Citibank customers can receive the two-page document at account opening or any other time by request. Plain Talk will be available today in branches and online at www.citibank.com starting July 18.
Customers with questions can also visit their nearest branch, call 1-877-248-4454 to speak with a Citibank representative, tweet @askciti, or visit www.citibank.com.
Citi (NYSE: C), the leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com.
Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com | Twitter: @Citi | YouTube: www.youtube.com/citi | Blog: http://new.citi.com | Facebook: www.facebook.com/citi | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/citi
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Six Financial
Postage Rates Bots go here
July 31, 2014
- Abstract Submission Deadline for Women in HPC Workshop Extended to August 14
- Fujitsu Reports Fiscal 2014 First Quarter Financial Results
- Mark Potter, HP Senior Executive, Joins Solarflare Board of Directors
July 30, 2014
- Deadlines Extended for SC14 Technical Program Submissions
- AMD Opteron 64-Bit ARM-Based Developer Kits Now Available
- Mellanox to Present at Upcoming Investor Conferences
- XSEDE Compatible Basic Cluster Software Suite Introduced
- eInfochips to Develop NVIDIA GPU-Powered Products for HPC
July 29, 2014
- Cray Reports Second Quarter 2014 Financial Results
- Altair to Acquire Visual Solutions
- Bull Reports 2014 Half-Year Results
- IBM to Make Free Supercomputing Power Available to Sustainability Scientists
- Pico Computing and TekStart Announce Availability of HMC Controller IP
- Bright Computing Raises $14.5M to Accelerate HPC, Hadoop, and OpenStack Business
- HGST Introduces New Ultrastar SAS SSDs
July 28, 2014
July 25, 2014
- Mellanox Announces Second Quarter 2014 Financial Results
- IM 2015 Issues Call for Experience Session Papers
July 24, 2014
July 23, 2014
Most Read Features
- Los Alamos Lead Shares âTrinityâ Feeds and Speeds
- Chinaâs Supercomputing Strategy Called Out
- First Details Emerge from Cray on Trinity Supercomputer
- Compilers and More: MPI+X
- Cray Looks Ahead to Next Generation of Growth
- Exascale Resilience Turns a Corner
- TACCâs New Director Shares Strategy, System Futures
- New HPC Benchmark Delivers Promising Results
- Big Data Needs Big Funding: NSFâs Jahanian Makes The Case
- Bull Charges Ahead in Supercomputing Despite Big Data Refocus
- More Features…
Most Read Short Takes
- Human Brain Project Draws Sharp Criticism
- The Case for a Parallel Programming Alternative
- New Photoresist Could Add Years to Mooreâs Law
- 3D Simulations Raise Bar for Astrophysics
- Team EPCC Reveals Secret Weapon Behind Winning Linpack Score
- Parallel Computing Trends
- Greece to Deploy Supercomputer by Year End
- Getting to Exascale
- Advancing Drug Discovery with HPC Cloud
- IBM Bets on Nanotubes to Succeed Silicon in 2020
- More Short Takes…
Most Read Off The Wire
- Top Supercomputers of India List Released
- Cray Awarded $174M Supercomputer Contract From NNSA
- Dongarra and Team Start New Supercomputing Journal
- June Green500 List Released
- ORNL Wins Eight R&D 100 Awards
- Micron Appoints Stephen Pawlowski as VP of Advanced Computing Solutions
- RIKEN Researchers Run 10,240 Parallel Simulations of Global Weather on K Computer
- AMD Reports 2014 Second Quarter Results
- Eni to Utilize New Supercomputer for Oil and Gas Activities
- IBM Announces $3 Billion Research Initiative
- More Off The Wire…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- Scientific Workflow Automation Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- 7/17/14 | Acceleware | Learn about advanced software engineering techniques that leverage the power of todayâs parallel hardware to optimize applications for maximum Read more…
- 6/26/14 | Digipede | Distribute and accelerate: How running compute-intensive applications in a distributed computing environment can significantly shorten the time Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
August 20 - 22San Diego CA United States
September 22New York NY United States
October 8 - 9Royal Victoria Dock London United Kingdom
October 23 - 24Shanghai China
November 4 - 6Santa Clara CA United States