HPC Market Watch
PHILADELPHIA, July 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
DirectCourse's College of Employment Services to offer APSE members a special 25 percent discount on certification-related courses
Elsevier/DirectCourse's College of Employment Services (CES) curriculum is now aligned with the national certification from APSE, the Association for People Supporting Employment 1st, a national organization dedicated to integrated employment and career advancement for people with disabilities. APSE recently developed the first national certification program for employment support professionals.
DirectCourse, Elsevier's suite of online curricula to train professionals and families who support people with intellectual, developmental and physical disabilities, includes the College of Direct Support, an online curriculum for direct support professionals, and the CES, an integrated, web-based curriculum designed for professionals who guide people with disabilities and other challenges toward rewarding careers.
All active members of APSE are eligible for a preferred rate of up to 25 percent off the purchase price of DirectCourse curricula. This includes the new CES curriculum, which meets the competencies required for APSE's certification process. The certification, called CESP (Certified Employment Services Professional), was developed by the APSE's Employment Services Professional Certification Commission (ESPCC).
"Our partnership with DirectCourse opens many doors for employment support professionals," said Dr. Laura Owens, Executive Director of APSE. "While APSE and the ESPCC cannot endorse or recommend specific trainings, we acknowledge that the CES curriculum is aligned with the CESP test blueprint and will provide another valuable resource for employment support professionals who wish to attain national certification."
Developed by the Institute for Community Inclusion at the University of Massachusetts Boston, the CES curriculum is offered in collaboration with Elsevier/MC Strategies and the University of Minnesota's Research and Training Center on Community Living.
"Building on the continued success of CES's online curriculum, we are committed to meeting the educational needs of a growing number of community-based workers in a cost-effective and efficient way," said John Schrefer, President of Elsevier/MC Strategies. "DirectCourse brings together the robust functionality of our Elsevier Performance Manager learning and performance solution with best-in-class curricula developed and guided by APSE and recognized industry leaders."
DirectCourse is Elsevier's expansive suite of online curricula to train professionals who support people with intellectual, developmental and physical disabilities, as well as older adults. DirectCourse is anchored by the College of Direct Support, an online curriculum for direct support professionals managed in collaboration with Elsevier/MC Strategies and the University of Minnesota's Research and Training Center on Community Living. In addition, DirectCourse contains the College of Employment Services, a new online training curriculum developed by the Institute for Community Inclusion at the University of Massachusetts Boston.
Elsevier is a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services. The company works in partnership with the global science and health communities to publish more than 2,000 journals, including The Lancet and Cell, and close to 20,000 book titles, including major reference works from Mosby and Saunders. Elsevier's online solutions include ScienceDirect, Scopus, Reaxys, ClinicalKey and Mosby's Nursing Suite, which enhance the productivity of science and health professionals, and the SciVal suite and MEDai's Pinpoint Review, which help research and health care institutions deliver better outcomes more cost-effectively.
A global business headquartered in Amsterdam, Elsevier employs 7,000 people worldwide. The company is part of Reed Elsevier Group PLC, a world-leading publisher and information provider, which is jointly owned by Reed Elsevier PLC and Reed Elsevier NV. The ticker symbols are REN (Euronext Amsterdam), REL (London Stock Exchange), RUK and ENL (New York Stock Exchange).
Director Corporate Relations, Elsevier
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here
March 7, 2014
March 6, 2014
March 5, 2014
- Technologists to Receive IEEE Computer Society Technical Achievement Awards
- Hitachi to Establish Big Data Research Lab in Denmark
- Terascala Announces New Version of Intelligent Storage Bridge
- IHPC and SMMI Launch Joint Lab
- DDN Joins Active Archive Alliance
- Research and Markets Adds New HPC Report to Offering
March 4, 2014
- Ethernet Alliance to Participate at OFC 2014
- Rogue Wave and STFC Collaborate
- QLogic Gen 5 Fibre Channel Adapters Available for Lenovo Servers
March 3, 2014
- Cirrascale Introduces Next Generation of VB2400 Series Blade Servers
- SGI Delivers Shared Memory System for JAMSTEC Earth Simulator
- Conduant Providing Storage Resources to PXIe-Based Systems
- CSP Releases New Version of DBL Software
- Mellanox Collaborates with Cambridge for SKA Project
- NEC Announces Version 5.1 of ProgrammableFlow Networking Suite
February 28, 2014
Most Read Features
- How HPC is Hacking Hadoop
- Intel Etches HPC Niche with Xeon E7 V2
- The Top Supercomputing Led Discoveries of 2013
- Cray Goes Back to the Future for Weather Forecasting
- HPC Roots Feed Big Data Branches
- AMD Refreshes Vision for HPC Future
- News Roundup: The Week in HPC
- One Year, 7,000 Xeon Phi Cards: The TACC Experience
- IBMâs New Deal Captures Refocused HPC Strategy
- The Future of Accelerator Programming
- More Features…
Most Read Short Takes
- Pushing Parallel Processing Power at CERN
- Adapting Hadoop to HPC Environments
- Blu-ray for Cold Storage â What About Tape?
- Advancing Applications Toward Exascale Target
- Big Leap Forward for Integrated Quantum Computer
- Windows Azure Continues 'Big Compute' Rollout
- Cray Advances Hadoop for HPC
- Unleashing The Potential of OpenMP via Bottleneck Analysis
- Manipulating Quantum Bits for Cybersecurity
- Scheduling HPC as a Service
- More Short Takes…
Most Read Off The Wire
- EGI Community Forum 2014 to Take Place in Finland
- Astute Networks to Join IT Leaders at CIOsynergy Event
- Convey Computer Announces Wolverine Family of Coprocessors
- SCinet NRE Showcases Internet Innovations
- Cirrascale Announces Improved Power Solution for BladeRack 2 F-Series
- PLX's PCIe 3.0 Switches Enabling 128GB/sec for Fujitsu Storage
- PGI 2014 Adds OpenACC 2.0 Features for NVIDIA and AMD GPU Accelerators
- Argonne Training Program on Extreme-Scale Computing Scheduled for August
- ANSYS and NVIDIA Deliver GPU-Accelerated CFD Solver
- SGI and Cognilytics Partner
- More Off The Wire…
- Read more…
- Read more…
Real-time analytics offers enterprises the ability to examine âlive,â fast-changing data within operational systems andRead more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- 2/24/14 | Altair | Australiaâs National Computational Infrastructure (NCI) chose PBS Professional to manage workload for its âRaijinâ cluster from Fujitsu, the Read more…
- 10/30/13 | Cray, DDN, Mellanox, NetApp, ScaleMP, Supermicro, Xyratex | Creating data is easyâ¦ the challenge is getting it to the right place to make use of it. This paper discusses fresh solutions that can directly Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…