HPC Market Watch
NEW ORLEANS, Oct. 17 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Sizeler Property Investors, Inc. (NYSE:SIZ) today announced that its Board of Directors has declared a third quarter dividend of $0.10 per share of Sizeler's common stock. Sizeler's Board of Directors also declared a prorated closing dividend on Sizeler's common stock in an amount equal to $0.10 per share, prorated through the closing of the proposed merger with Revenue Properties Company Limited.
The closing dividend will equal $0.10 per share multiplied by the number of days elapsed in the fourth quarter up to the date of the effective time of the merger with Revenue Properties and divided by the total number of days in the fourth quarter. The third quarter dividend and the closing dividend is in addition to the $15.10 per share merger consideration and will be paid to Sizeler's stockholders of record as of the close of business on the last business day prior to effective time of the merger with Revenue Properties.
Sizeler has called a special meeting of its stockholders for 9:00 am on Wednesday, November 8, 2006 to vote on the merger and related matters. If the merger is approved at the meeting, then the merger would be expected to close on November 10, 2006, and the record date for the third quarter dividend and the closing dividend would be the close of business on November 9, 2006. If the merger closes on November 10, 2006, the total dividend paid at closing would be approximately $0.144 per share. This dividend payment would be in addition to the merger consideration of $15.10 per share, for a total payment of $15.244 per share.
If the closing of the merger is delayed, the record date for both dividends will be delayed and the amount of the closing dividend will be adjusted accordingly. These dividends will be paid shortly following the closing of the merger.
Sizeler Property Investors, Inc. is an equity real estate investment trust (REIT) that invests in retail and apartment properties in the southeastern United States. The Company currently owns thirty properties -- sixteen in Louisiana, ten in Florida and four in Alabama. The Company's properties consist of two regional enclosed malls, thirteen retail shopping centers and fifteen apartment communities.
Revenue Properties Company Limited is a real estate company engaged in the acquisition, development and ownership of income-producing properties in Canada.
This release may contain certain forward-looking statements that are subject to risk and uncertainty. Investors and potential investors in Sizeler's securities are cautioned that a number of factors could adversely affect Sizeler and cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to (a) the inability to lease current or future vacant space in Sizeler's properties; (b) decisions by tenants and anchor tenants who own their space to close stores at properties; (c) the inability of tenants to pay rent and other expenses; (d) tenant financial difficulties; (e) general economic and world conditions, including threats to the United States homeland from unfriendly factions; (f) decreases in rental rates available from tenants; (g) increases in operating costs at properties; (h) increases in corporate operating costs associated with new regulatory requirements; (i) lack of availability of financing for acquisition, development and rehabilitation of properties; (j) force majeure as it relates to construction and renovation projects; (k) possible dispositions of mature properties since Sizeler is continuously engaged in the examination of the various lines of business; (l) increases in interest rates; (m) a general economic downturn resulting in lower retail sales and causing downward pressure on occupancies and rents at retail properties; (n) forces of nature; (o) the adverse tax consequences if Sizeler were to fail to qualify as a REIT in any taxable year; (p) inability of Sizeler to complete the transactions contemplated by the definitive merger agreement; and (q) the other factors described in Sizeler's filings with the SEC. Except as required under federal securities laws and the rules and regulations of the SEC, Sizeler does not have any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements in this release or other Sizeler filings with the SEC, whether as a result of new information, future events, changes in assumptions or otherwise, including specifically any statements previously provided with respect to expected operating results or performance.
Caution Required by Certain Securities and Exchange Commission Rules
In connection with the proposed merger with Revenue Properties Company Limited, Sizeler Property Investors, Inc. filed a definitive proxy statement on October 10, 2006 with the Securities and Exchange Commission. INVESTORS AND SECURITY HOLDERS ARE URGED TO READ THE DEFINITIVE PROXY STATEMENT AND ANY OTHER RELEVANT DOCUMENTS FILED WITH THE SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION BECAUSE THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROPOSED MERGER. Investors and security holders can obtain a free copy of the proxy statement and other documents filed by Sizeler Property Investors, Inc. with the Securities and Exchange Commission at the Securities and Exchange Commission's website at http://www.sec.gov . Free copies of the proxy statement and other documents filed by Sizeler Property Investors, Inc. with the Securities and Exchange Commission may also be obtained from Sizeler Property Investors, Inc. by directing a request to Thomas A. Masilla, Jr., President and Chief Operating Officer, Sizeler Property Investors, Inc., 2542 Williams Boulevard, Kenner, LA 70062 (telephone number: (504) 471-6200).
Sizeler Property Investors, Inc. and its directors and executive officers may be deemed, under Securities and Exchange Commission rules, to be soliciting proxies from Sizeler Property Investors, Inc.'s stockholders in favor of the proposed merger. Information regarding the interests of these persons in the solicitation is more specifically set forth in the definitive proxy statement concerning the proposed merger that was filed by Sizeler Property Investors, Inc. on October 10, 2006 with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which is available free of charge from the Securities and Exchange Commission or from Sizeler Property Investors, Inc. as indicated above.
Source: Sizeler Property Investors, Inc.
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Six Financial
Postage Rates Bots go here
July 21, 2014
July 18, 2014
July 17, 2014
July 16, 2014
- UChicago Program to Train Data Scientists
- Cycle Computing Adds Tim Carroll and Rob Futrick to Management Team
- SEL to Utilize SGI System for Research
- Cray Awarded Contract to Install India’s First XC30 Supercomputer
- RMACC Symposium to Focus on Growth in HPC
- Students Use Supercomputing to Design Future Aircraft
July 15, 2014
- National Computing Leaders to Keynote HPC Symposium
- NSA Announces New Schools as Cyber Operations Centers of Academic Excellence
- Colorado State University to Explore Trends in HPC at RMACC Symposium
- Convey Computer Introduces Image Resizer Accelerator
- Supermicro to Release Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2014 Financial Results on August 5
- Fujitsu Develops Technology that Reduces Network Switches in Cluster Supercomputers
- Mellanox Promotes Chris Shea to VP of Business Development
July 14, 2014
- Cray Appoints MongoDB CEO to Board of Directors
- Cloud Pharmaceuticals Granted 1M Hours of Supercomputer Time
- New Computing Cluster at Carnegie Mellon Traces Lineage to LANL Supercomputer
- Pennsylvania State Budget Includes $500,000 for PSC
Most Read Features
- Breaking: Detailed Results from Todayâs Top 500 Fastest Supercomputers List
- Los Alamos Lead Shares âTrinityâ Feeds and Speeds
- IBM Offers Glimpse into Future of HPC Investments
- Are Supercomputingâs Elite Turning Backs on Accelerators?
- First Details Emerge from Cray on Trinity Supercomputer
- Chinaâs Supercomputing Strategy Called Out
- New HPC Benchmark Delivers Promising Results
- GPUs Add Up For ARM Chips In HPC
- Compilers and More: MPI+X
- Cray Looks Ahead to Next Generation of Growth
- More Features…
Most Read Short Takes
- Human Brain Project Draws Sharp Criticism
- The Case for a Parallel Programming Alternative
- 3D Simulations Raise Bar for Astrophysics
- Russia to Develop Home-Grown Chips
- New Photoresist Could Add Years to Mooreâs Law
- Team EPCC Reveals Secret Weapon Behind Winning Linpack Score
- An Easier, Faster Programming Language?
- Greece to Deploy Supercomputer by Year End
- Advancing Drug Discovery with HPC Cloud
- IBM Bets on Nanotubes to Succeed Silicon in 2020
- More Short Takes…
Most Read Off The Wire
- Adapteva Reveals A-1 Supercomputing Platform at ISC14
- Intel Announces New Details for Knights Landing
- Mellanox Unveils 100Gb/s EDR InfiniBand Switch
- Top Supercomputers of India List Released
- Cray Awarded $174M Supercomputer Contract From NNSA
- June Green500 List Released
- Boston Limited Helps EPCC Break LINPACK Record
- ORNL Wins Eight R&D 100 Awards
- SGI Achieves Top 4/5 Most Efficient Supercomputers on TOP500 List
- NVIDIA to Demonstrate New ARM Development Systems at ISC14
- More Off The Wire…
- Read more…
- Read more…
AtÂ ISC'14, there was intense and continuingRead more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- 7/17/14 | Acceleware | Learn about advanced software engineering techniques that leverage the power of todayâs parallel hardware to optimize applications for maximum Read more…
- 6/26/14 | Digipede | Distribute and accelerate: How running compute-intensive applications in a distributed computing environment can significantly shorten the time Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
August 20 - 22San Diego CA United States
September 22New York NY United States
September 29 - 30Heidelberg Germany
October 8 - 9Royal Victoria Dock London United Kingdom
November 16 - 21