HPC Market Watch
NEW ORLEANS, Oct. 17 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Sizeler Property Investors, Inc. (NYSE:SIZ) today announced that its Board of Directors has declared a third quarter dividend of $0.10 per share of Sizeler's common stock. Sizeler's Board of Directors also declared a prorated closing dividend on Sizeler's common stock in an amount equal to $0.10 per share, prorated through the closing of the proposed merger with Revenue Properties Company Limited.
The closing dividend will equal $0.10 per share multiplied by the number of days elapsed in the fourth quarter up to the date of the effective time of the merger with Revenue Properties and divided by the total number of days in the fourth quarter. The third quarter dividend and the closing dividend is in addition to the $15.10 per share merger consideration and will be paid to Sizeler's stockholders of record as of the close of business on the last business day prior to effective time of the merger with Revenue Properties.
Sizeler has called a special meeting of its stockholders for 9:00 am on Wednesday, November 8, 2006 to vote on the merger and related matters. If the merger is approved at the meeting, then the merger would be expected to close on November 10, 2006, and the record date for the third quarter dividend and the closing dividend would be the close of business on November 9, 2006. If the merger closes on November 10, 2006, the total dividend paid at closing would be approximately $0.144 per share. This dividend payment would be in addition to the merger consideration of $15.10 per share, for a total payment of $15.244 per share.
If the closing of the merger is delayed, the record date for both dividends will be delayed and the amount of the closing dividend will be adjusted accordingly. These dividends will be paid shortly following the closing of the merger.
Sizeler Property Investors, Inc. is an equity real estate investment trust (REIT) that invests in retail and apartment properties in the southeastern United States. The Company currently owns thirty properties -- sixteen in Louisiana, ten in Florida and four in Alabama. The Company's properties consist of two regional enclosed malls, thirteen retail shopping centers and fifteen apartment communities.
Revenue Properties Company Limited is a real estate company engaged in the acquisition, development and ownership of income-producing properties in Canada.
This release may contain certain forward-looking statements that are subject to risk and uncertainty. Investors and potential investors in Sizeler's securities are cautioned that a number of factors could adversely affect Sizeler and cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to (a) the inability to lease current or future vacant space in Sizeler's properties; (b) decisions by tenants and anchor tenants who own their space to close stores at properties; (c) the inability of tenants to pay rent and other expenses; (d) tenant financial difficulties; (e) general economic and world conditions, including threats to the United States homeland from unfriendly factions; (f) decreases in rental rates available from tenants; (g) increases in operating costs at properties; (h) increases in corporate operating costs associated with new regulatory requirements; (i) lack of availability of financing for acquisition, development and rehabilitation of properties; (j) force majeure as it relates to construction and renovation projects; (k) possible dispositions of mature properties since Sizeler is continuously engaged in the examination of the various lines of business; (l) increases in interest rates; (m) a general economic downturn resulting in lower retail sales and causing downward pressure on occupancies and rents at retail properties; (n) forces of nature; (o) the adverse tax consequences if Sizeler were to fail to qualify as a REIT in any taxable year; (p) inability of Sizeler to complete the transactions contemplated by the definitive merger agreement; and (q) the other factors described in Sizeler's filings with the SEC. Except as required under federal securities laws and the rules and regulations of the SEC, Sizeler does not have any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements in this release or other Sizeler filings with the SEC, whether as a result of new information, future events, changes in assumptions or otherwise, including specifically any statements previously provided with respect to expected operating results or performance.
Caution Required by Certain Securities and Exchange Commission Rules
In connection with the proposed merger with Revenue Properties Company Limited, Sizeler Property Investors, Inc. filed a definitive proxy statement on October 10, 2006 with the Securities and Exchange Commission. INVESTORS AND SECURITY HOLDERS ARE URGED TO READ THE DEFINITIVE PROXY STATEMENT AND ANY OTHER RELEVANT DOCUMENTS FILED WITH THE SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION BECAUSE THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROPOSED MERGER. Investors and security holders can obtain a free copy of the proxy statement and other documents filed by Sizeler Property Investors, Inc. with the Securities and Exchange Commission at the Securities and Exchange Commission's website at http://www.sec.gov . Free copies of the proxy statement and other documents filed by Sizeler Property Investors, Inc. with the Securities and Exchange Commission may also be obtained from Sizeler Property Investors, Inc. by directing a request to Thomas A. Masilla, Jr., President and Chief Operating Officer, Sizeler Property Investors, Inc., 2542 Williams Boulevard, Kenner, LA 70062 (telephone number: (504) 471-6200).
Sizeler Property Investors, Inc. and its directors and executive officers may be deemed, under Securities and Exchange Commission rules, to be soliciting proxies from Sizeler Property Investors, Inc.'s stockholders in favor of the proposed merger. Information regarding the interests of these persons in the solicitation is more specifically set forth in the definitive proxy statement concerning the proposed merger that was filed by Sizeler Property Investors, Inc. on October 10, 2006 with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which is available free of charge from the Securities and Exchange Commission or from Sizeler Property Investors, Inc. as indicated above.
Source: Sizeler Property Investors, Inc.
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Six Financial
Postage Rates Bots go here
August 22, 2014
- IBM to Add Power Systems Linux Services to Innovation and Client Centers
- University of Houston Oil and Gas Workshop Issues Call for Participation
August 21, 2014
- Former Carnegie Mellon Computer Science Dean Now Assisting in White House Policy Office
- University of Delaware to Deploy Second HPC Cluster
- DESY and IBM Develop Big Data Architecture for Science
- Acceleware Releases Results for the Second Quarter of Fiscal 2014
- Terascala Enables Tech-X to Develop Scientific Applications for Big Data
August 20, 2014
- OLCF’s GPU Hackathon to Begin October 27
- Inspur Selects Micron as Leading Memory Provider for Server Portfolio
- 2014 IEEE International Conference on Cluster Computing Issues Call for Participation
August 19, 2014
- Imation Now Offering 6TB Drives with Nexsan E-Series Family
- ACME Project to Unleash Supercomputing on Climate Change
- DDN Reports Results for First Half of 2014
- Clemson Named CUDA Teaching Center by NVIDIA
August 18, 2014
- Speakers Announced for EnterpriseHPCâ14 Summit
- Blue Waters Project to Offer Graduate Visualization Course in Spring 2015
- Fujitsu Announces New Tier III Datacenters in North America
- UT Students Perform Mock Run for SC14 Student Cluster Competition
- CFIUS Approves Sale of IBM x86 Business to Lenovo
- SGI Opens New German Subsidiary
Most Read Features
- Adapting Algorithms to Modern Hybrid Architectures
- Fujitsu Targets 100 Petaflops Supercomputing
- Exascale Resilience Turns a Corner
- NERSC Launches Exascale Readiness Program with Intel, Cray
- Big Data Needs Big Funding: NSFâs Jahanian Makes The Case
- Academic HPC and Cloud Services Start to Blur
- Chinaâs Supercomputing Strategy Called Out
- Computer Science Education Act Hits Critical Milestone
- Charming Exascale Power Problems
- Bolstering Extreme Scale Computational Biology
- More Features…
Most Read Short Takes
- Jellyfish Use Novel Search Strategy
- Is This the Exascale Breakthrough Weâve Been Waiting For?
- Brainy IBM Chip Packs One Million Neuron Punch
- Parallel Programming with OpenMP
- DOE to Fund Exascale Resilience Research
- Deconstructing Mooreâs Lawâs Limits
- Building Parallel Code with Hybrid Fortran
- NVIDIA Boasts âCompelling HPC Solutionâ
- Parallel Computing Trends
- Earthquake Simulation Scales to 8.6 Petaflops
- More Short Takes…
Most Read Off The Wire
- Dongarra and Team Start New Supercomputing Journal
- Top Supercomputers of India List Released
- CMU Scientists Design Way to Use Multiple Programming Languages Within Same Program
- Micron Appoints Stephen Pawlowski as VP of Advanced Computing Solutions
- RIKEN Researchers Run 10,240 Parallel Simulations of Global Weather on K Computer
- Bright Computing Raises $14.5M to Accelerate HPC, Hadoop, and OpenStack Business
- Cray Reports Second Quarter 2014 Financial Results
- AMD FirePro S9150 Server Card Unveiled
- IBM Expands HPC Capabilities in the Cloud
- AMD Opteron 64-Bit ARM-Based Developer Kits Now Available
- More Off The Wire…
- EnterpriseHPC event Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- 8/15/14 | NetApp | Find out how new hybrid cloud architectures enable you to take advantage of public cloud resources from Amazon, Microsoft, and others while Read more…
- 7/17/14 | Acceleware | Learn about advanced software engineering techniques that leverage the power of todayâs parallel hardware to optimize applications for maximum Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
August 20 - 22San Diego CA United States
September 22New York NY United States
October 8 - 9Royal Victoria Dock London United Kingdom
October 23 - 24Shanghai China
November 4 - 6Santa Clara CA United States