HPC Market Watch
NEW ORLEANS, Oct. 17 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Sizeler Property Investors, Inc. (NYSE:SIZ) today announced that its Board of Directors has declared a third quarter dividend of $0.10 per share of Sizeler's common stock. Sizeler's Board of Directors also declared a prorated closing dividend on Sizeler's common stock in an amount equal to $0.10 per share, prorated through the closing of the proposed merger with Revenue Properties Company Limited.
The closing dividend will equal $0.10 per share multiplied by the number of days elapsed in the fourth quarter up to the date of the effective time of the merger with Revenue Properties and divided by the total number of days in the fourth quarter. The third quarter dividend and the closing dividend is in addition to the $15.10 per share merger consideration and will be paid to Sizeler's stockholders of record as of the close of business on the last business day prior to effective time of the merger with Revenue Properties.
Sizeler has called a special meeting of its stockholders for 9:00 am on Wednesday, November 8, 2006 to vote on the merger and related matters. If the merger is approved at the meeting, then the merger would be expected to close on November 10, 2006, and the record date for the third quarter dividend and the closing dividend would be the close of business on November 9, 2006. If the merger closes on November 10, 2006, the total dividend paid at closing would be approximately $0.144 per share. This dividend payment would be in addition to the merger consideration of $15.10 per share, for a total payment of $15.244 per share.
If the closing of the merger is delayed, the record date for both dividends will be delayed and the amount of the closing dividend will be adjusted accordingly. These dividends will be paid shortly following the closing of the merger.
Sizeler Property Investors, Inc. is an equity real estate investment trust (REIT) that invests in retail and apartment properties in the southeastern United States. The Company currently owns thirty properties -- sixteen in Louisiana, ten in Florida and four in Alabama. The Company's properties consist of two regional enclosed malls, thirteen retail shopping centers and fifteen apartment communities.
Revenue Properties Company Limited is a real estate company engaged in the acquisition, development and ownership of income-producing properties in Canada.
This release may contain certain forward-looking statements that are subject to risk and uncertainty. Investors and potential investors in Sizeler's securities are cautioned that a number of factors could adversely affect Sizeler and cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to (a) the inability to lease current or future vacant space in Sizeler's properties; (b) decisions by tenants and anchor tenants who own their space to close stores at properties; (c) the inability of tenants to pay rent and other expenses; (d) tenant financial difficulties; (e) general economic and world conditions, including threats to the United States homeland from unfriendly factions; (f) decreases in rental rates available from tenants; (g) increases in operating costs at properties; (h) increases in corporate operating costs associated with new regulatory requirements; (i) lack of availability of financing for acquisition, development and rehabilitation of properties; (j) force majeure as it relates to construction and renovation projects; (k) possible dispositions of mature properties since Sizeler is continuously engaged in the examination of the various lines of business; (l) increases in interest rates; (m) a general economic downturn resulting in lower retail sales and causing downward pressure on occupancies and rents at retail properties; (n) forces of nature; (o) the adverse tax consequences if Sizeler were to fail to qualify as a REIT in any taxable year; (p) inability of Sizeler to complete the transactions contemplated by the definitive merger agreement; and (q) the other factors described in Sizeler's filings with the SEC. Except as required under federal securities laws and the rules and regulations of the SEC, Sizeler does not have any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements in this release or other Sizeler filings with the SEC, whether as a result of new information, future events, changes in assumptions or otherwise, including specifically any statements previously provided with respect to expected operating results or performance.
Caution Required by Certain Securities and Exchange Commission Rules
In connection with the proposed merger with Revenue Properties Company Limited, Sizeler Property Investors, Inc. filed a definitive proxy statement on October 10, 2006 with the Securities and Exchange Commission. INVESTORS AND SECURITY HOLDERS ARE URGED TO READ THE DEFINITIVE PROXY STATEMENT AND ANY OTHER RELEVANT DOCUMENTS FILED WITH THE SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION BECAUSE THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROPOSED MERGER. Investors and security holders can obtain a free copy of the proxy statement and other documents filed by Sizeler Property Investors, Inc. with the Securities and Exchange Commission at the Securities and Exchange Commission's website at http://www.sec.gov . Free copies of the proxy statement and other documents filed by Sizeler Property Investors, Inc. with the Securities and Exchange Commission may also be obtained from Sizeler Property Investors, Inc. by directing a request to Thomas A. Masilla, Jr., President and Chief Operating Officer, Sizeler Property Investors, Inc., 2542 Williams Boulevard, Kenner, LA 70062 (telephone number: (504) 471-6200).
Sizeler Property Investors, Inc. and its directors and executive officers may be deemed, under Securities and Exchange Commission rules, to be soliciting proxies from Sizeler Property Investors, Inc.'s stockholders in favor of the proposed merger. Information regarding the interests of these persons in the solicitation is more specifically set forth in the definitive proxy statement concerning the proposed merger that was filed by Sizeler Property Investors, Inc. on October 10, 2006 with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which is available free of charge from the Securities and Exchange Commission or from Sizeler Property Investors, Inc. as indicated above.
Source: Sizeler Property Investors, Inc.
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Six Financial
Postage Rates Bots go here
April 17, 2014
- Registration Open for NCSA PSP Meeting
- Intel Selects Georgia Tech as Site for Next Parallel Computing Center
- AltaSim Technologies Receives DOE Grant for Additive Manufacturing
- LANL to Host Supercomputing Challenge Expo
April 16, 2014
- ORNLâs John Wagner Receives E.O. Lawrence Award
- SC14 Submissions for Panels Due April 25
- NEC Selects Chelsio Adapters for Vector Supercomputer
- SGI Announces Partnership with GIS Federal and NVIDIA
- Mellanox Collaborates with Dell
April 15, 2014
- Xyratex Introduces ClusterStor SDA
- NCI to Utilize Mellanox CloudX Interconnect
- Cluster 2014 Set for September
April 14, 2014
April 11, 2014
April 10, 2014
- NCSA Presents Blue Waters Symposium for Petascale Science and Beyond
- Fujitsu Launches New PRIMEQUEST Series
April 9, 2014
- Bright Computing Achieves Cloudera Certification for Bright Cluster Manager
- Sabalcore Launches Accelerated 3D Remote Graphics
April 8, 2014
Most Read Features
- Cloud Bolsters HPC/HTC Student Research
- Details Emerging on Japanâs Future Exascale System
- Inside Major League Baseballâs âHypothesis Machineâ
- Peek into China's Plans for Top Supercomputer Shows No Slowdown
- Mont Blanc Forges Cluster from Smartphone Chips
- NVIDIA Steers Roadmap Around GPU Bottlenecks
- NVIDIA Highlights GPU Progress on Titan Supercomputer
- Big Science, Tiny Microservers: IBM Research Pushes 64-Bit Possibilities
- DOE Exascale Roadmap Highlights Big Data
- Reality Check on Liquid Cooling in the Data Center
- More Features…
Most Read Short Takes
- Programming for Unreliable Hardware
- Museum to Resurrect First-Gen Supercomputer
- Big Data Reaches to the Stratosphere
- How NASA Is Meeting the Big Data Challenge
- The Big Data of Holistic Performance Analysis
- Is the ECC Performance Price Worth it for GPUs?
- Making HPC and Big Data More Accessible
- Big Data Versus Big Compute
- Benchmarking MPI Communication on Phi-Based Clusters
- Research Advances on Key Quantum Computing Elements
- More Short Takes…
Most Read Off The Wire
- EGI Community Forum 2014 to Take Place in Finland
- Convey Computer Announces Wolverine Family of Coprocessors
- University of Illinois Wins MEMOCODE Design Contest Using Convey HC-1
- EGI Community Forum Agenda is Now Online
- IEEE Launches 400GbE Task Force
- Ethernet Alliance to Participate at OFC 2014
- Cirrascale Announces Improved Power Solution for BladeRack 2 F-Series
- Fujitsu Announces New Edition of ETERNUS DX200 S3 Storage System
- Speakers Announced for Upcoming Leverage Big Data 2014 Summit
- IIT Professor Establishes New Mathematical Model for Reducing Data Access Delay
- More Off The Wire…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- 3/12/14 | HPCwire, EnterpriseTech, ScaleMP | In the first of our new Spotlight ON: series, weâre taking a look beyond the public sector to find out how end-users in markets from Read more…
- 2/24/14 | Altair | Australiaâs National Computational Infrastructure (NCI) chose PBS Professional to manage workload for its âRaijinâ cluster from Fujitsu, the Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…