HPC Market Watch
LOS ANGELES, Jan. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Hochberg Ebersol Company (THE Company) announced this week that Marcus Lemonis, CEO of NASCAR title sponsor company Camping World and veteran of hundreds of successful business turnarounds, has opened the submission period for companies willing to chronicle their business makeover and turnaround on upcoming CNBC series "The Big Fix" (working title). Lemonis will invest $2 million of his own money while spending time inside the businesses themselves, transforming bad to good, and good to great, as he gets them on the right track. Companies interested in being considered may send an email describing their background and current situation to: email@example.com.
Every episode of "The Big Fix" will feature Lemonis making a significant cash investment of up to $500,000 in each business he advises. With his personal financial stake in place, Lemonis will use all the tools at his disposal – including buying out the original owners if necessary – to maximize the overall company's chances for long-term success.
"Anyone can make it look like they've fixed a business on TV by blindly slashing jobs and overhead, but that doesn't work for me," said Lemonis. "It's the art and science of reworking a business with skill, finesse and humanity, along with preserving and protecting the labor force, that keeps me in the game, and that made me excited to do 'The Big Fix'."
"The fact that Marcus Lemonis is going to go on TV and risk over $2 million of his own fortune is not only unique but speaks to how confident he is in his turnaround techniques," noted THE Company co-founder, Justin Hochberg.
"Marcus is the real deal - a proven entrepreneur and visionary business player who is not afraid to get his hands dirty on the path to cleaning up a business," added THE Company co-founder, Charlie Ebersol.
About Marcus Lemonis Marcus Lemonis came from a notable beginning. He was abandoned in Beirut, Lebanon during the chaos of civil war and foreign invasions. At nine months old, Lemonis was adopted and raised in Miami, Florida. He discovered the power of imposing his will at an early age. He liked to create action in people, places and things with the expectation to influence, evolve or improve the original. As chairman & CEO of Camping World & Good Sam, Lemonis has been recognized as 2007 "Newsmaker of the Year" by RV Business Magazine; was named one of Crain's Chicago "40 under 40" in 2005; and the 2008 Ernst & Young "Entrepreneur of the Year." Lemonis' charisma and drive to succeed have put him among the top leadership in the business world. Lemonis leaves not just an impression but an imprint on everyone he meets and he's never soon to be forgotten. Lemonis has the charisma that few possess. This magic formula is uncommon even among top leadership in the business world. With all his accomplishments, his most rewarding pertains to his charity and community involvement. Lemonis was featured on ABC's "Secret Millionaire" (August 2012) and has also appeared on NBC's "Celebrity Apprentice" (March 2011), which helped to raise over one million dollars for St. Jude's Children Research Hospital. He also appeared in this season's run of "Celebrity Apprentice" (2012).
About The Hochberg Ebersol Company The Hochberg Ebersol Company (THE Company) was founded in 2010 by entertainment industry veteran Justin Hochberg and television/film producer Charlie Ebersol. THE Company creates, packages and produces groundbreaking programming in the unscripted, multi-camera comedy, docu-series, and competition formats, for a range of leading broadcast and cable networks. Credits include TNT's first reality series "The Great Escape," which was produced with Hollywood greats Ron Howard, Brian Grazer, and Bertam van Muster, the USA documentary "NFL Characters Unite," which returns this February, USA's first reality show "The Moment," premiering this spring as well as a new competition series for Reelz Channel, "Race to the Scene" hosted by action star Dolph Lundergren. In addition to developing, producing and distributing dynamic television programming, THE Company operates a full-service branded entertainment agency alongside the traditional production company. Its clients have included "Shaq Vs.," Dick Clark Productions and "Hell's Kitchen" for Fox, as well as over a hundred advertising companies including DirecTV, NASCAR, Skype, Caesar's Palace, Proctor & Gamble, Notre Dame college, the CIA, Department of Homeland Security, Camping World and Sports Illustrated. THE Company also operates its own in-house post facilities, which includes CGI capabilities. THE Company is represented by Michael Kagan at ICM and Bill Abrams of Abrams Garfinkel Margolis Bergson, LLP.
Cara Ceasar/Mike Gyulai
Beck Media & Marketing
SOURCE The Hochberg Ebersol Company
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here
March 7, 2014
March 6, 2014
March 5, 2014
- Technologists to Receive IEEE Computer Society Technical Achievement Awards
- Hitachi to Establish Big Data Research Lab in Denmark
- Terascala Announces New Version of Intelligent Storage Bridge
- IHPC and SMMI Launch Joint Lab
- DDN Joins Active Archive Alliance
- Research and Markets Adds New HPC Report to Offering
March 4, 2014
- Ethernet Alliance to Participate at OFC 2014
- Rogue Wave and STFC Collaborate
- QLogic Gen 5 Fibre Channel Adapters Available for Lenovo Servers
March 3, 2014
- Cirrascale Introduces Next Generation of VB2400 Series Blade Servers
- SGI Delivers Shared Memory System for JAMSTEC Earth Simulator
- Conduant Providing Storage Resources to PXIe-Based Systems
- CSP Releases New Version of DBL Software
- Mellanox Collaborates with Cambridge for SKA Project
- NEC Announces Version 5.1 of ProgrammableFlow Networking Suite
February 28, 2014
Most Read Features
- How HPC is Hacking Hadoop
- Intel Etches HPC Niche with Xeon E7 V2
- Cray Goes Back to the Future for Weather Forecasting
- HPC Roots Feed Big Data Branches
- The Top Supercomputing Led Discoveries of 2013
- AMD Refreshes Vision for HPC Future
- News Roundup: The Week in HPC
- The Future of Accelerator Programming
- Amazon Lead Highlights HPC Cloud Progress
- How Can Supercomputers Survive a Drought?
- More Features…
Most Read Short Takes
- Pushing Parallel Processing Power at CERN
- Adapting Hadoop to HPC Environments
- Blu-ray for Cold Storage â What About Tape?
- Advancing Applications Toward Exascale Target
- Manipulating Quantum Bits for Cybersecurity
- Unleashing The Potential of OpenMP via Bottleneck Analysis
- Scheduling HPC as a Service
- GPUs Power Massive Settlement Mapping
- Immersion Cooling Floated as Green Energy Solution
- Windows Azure Continues 'Big Compute' Rollout
- More Short Takes…
Most Read Off The Wire
- EGI Community Forum 2014 to Take Place in Finland
- Astute Networks to Join IT Leaders at CIOsynergy Event
- Convey Computer Announces Wolverine Family of Coprocessors
- PGI 2014 Adds OpenACC 2.0 Features for NVIDIA and AMD GPU Accelerators
- Cirrascale Announces Improved Power Solution for BladeRack 2 F-Series
- SCinet NRE Showcases Internet Innovations
- PLX's PCIe 3.0 Switches Enabling 128GB/sec for Fujitsu Storage
- Argonne Training Program on Extreme-Scale Computing Scheduled for August
- ANSYS and NVIDIA Deliver GPU-Accelerated CFD Solver
- Samsung Joins OpenPOWER Foundation
- More Off The Wire…
- Read more…
- Read more…
Real-time analytics offers enterprises the ability to examine âlive,â fast-changing data within operational systems andRead more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…
- 2/24/14 | Altair | Australiaâs National Computational Infrastructure (NCI) chose PBS Professional to manage workload for its âRaijinâ cluster from Fujitsu, the Read more…
- 10/30/13 | Cray, DDN, Mellanox, NetApp, ScaleMP, Supermicro, Xyratex | Creating data is easyâ¦ the challenge is getting it to the right place to make use of it. This paper discusses fresh solutions that can directly Read more…
- Read more…
- Read more…